My Sonor kit

Baba

This is my Sonor kit, I found on internet that it is from 1977-1980 year..because it has this badge(you can find it here http://www.sonormuseum.com/#):
phonicbadgeno1975.jpg

Sonor Signature Snare 15"
Tom 12", another same 12"
Floor 14",
Bass Drum 18"
Hi Hat Meinl 14"
Crash 14" Paiste
Splash 10" Paiste
on reserve: Zildjan ZBT Crash 14"
Cowbell
Ride (don't know the brand) second also
Heads : Evans G1, Snare- Pearl, right tom - Remo
Pro Mark sticks

Pictures:
DSC00857.jpg

DSC00858.jpg

DSC00859.jpg

I'm diggin that kit man. You should get some sound recordings of it if you can. Any idea what kind of wood it's made out of?

Looks cool. If it sounds good, that little set could well be a "keeper". I noticed the right rack has different lugs. An "add on drum" perhaps? Welcome to Drummerworld.

I'm diggin that kit man. You should get some sound recordings of it if you can. Any idea what kind of wood it's made out of?

I must admit I didn't understand very well: diggin? sound recordings? and for you I will look what wood is it made of...;)

Sound recordings-if you think : do I have any mp3 file or something of that where I palyed my drum kit on it...I don't have..

don't object..my english is not very well... ;)

Looks cool. If it sounds good, that little set could well be a "keeper". I noticed the right rack has different lugs. An "add on drum" perhaps? Welcome to Drummerworld.

Yes, first it's from 1980's and it looks great live...very good saved..sounds good...primary jazz drum kit..and you are wright, right tom is new, I bought it later, it's Sonor, and I did'n change lugs.. on new is Remo, on others is Evans G1 and it's is a shit..sorry for a word but it's awful..i am going to buy G2 Evans, but not painted..thanks for greetings...

Not only did I notice the different lugs, the shade seems different as well...does that tom have the same badge, I did not see one on there? The kit looks sweet, how does it sound?

Thanks for sharing and welcome to the Forum

Not only did I notice the different lugs, the shade seems different as well...does that tom have the same badge, I did not see one on there? The kit looks sweet, how does it sound?

Thanks for sharing and welcome to the Forum

nice look..the new one don't have a badge..it's only help tom..sometimes..original drum kit is without tthat tom..and the shade...he was black...and I change the color, but did'n find so much same, this was the closest..but its only for help ..what is important that is the basic kit..
sound good..but I must change G1 lugs..they sucks..then he will sound fantastic..but I brought some great drummers to see the kit, they told me that for them sound is great..it goes on jazz, something like that..here in Bosnia & Herzegovina in my town everyone want to buy my kit..I don't wanna sold him..ever...everyone was suprised when saw kit..

yeah the snare does look wider but to be honest i see that with a lot of kits with 14" floors, it's usually an optical illusion but i'll take your word for it. I like this kit, it's very grungy and old looking but it plays good and that's the important thing. When you look at all the DWs with their new heads and cleaned cymbals it's a bit nice to know your not the only one who's kit doesn't look perfect.

Back