Acoustic foam for drum room...

Avendesoran

hi

I just built a room in my garage to house my new drums. Walls are insulated with quiet zone insulation and laid down some cheap carpet. Anyways the room has absolutely terrible acoustics.

What's a good acoustic foam for a small drum room like this? pyramids? wedges? egg shell? thickness? how much is necessary? Where should I place the sheets? What about the ceiling?

People have suggested egg cartons but I'm really not up for pasting egg cartons all over my walls...

Thanks,
Marlon

hi

I just built a room in my garage to house my new drums. Walls are insulated with quiet zone insulation and laid down some cheap carpet. Anyways the room has absolutely terrible acoustics.

What's a good acoustic foam for a small drum room like this? pyramids? wedges? egg shell? thickness? how much is necessary? Where should I place the sheets? What about the ceiling?

People have suggested egg cartons but I'm really not up for pasting egg cartons all over my walls...

Thanks,
Marlon

The cheapest and easiest thing I've found are those egg-crate foam mattress covers you can get at any Wal Mart for about $14. I bought 5 of them and covered just 3 of the walls (you don't want to pad the entire room) and it sounded great.

Back