Aydee's got a new snare

aydee

Platinum Member

Forgive me O' Yamaha mandarins, for I have sinned.

Having vowed to love, honor and cherish the YAMAHA SENSITIVE till Kingdom come, and despite Brother Caddywumpus' words of wisdom about considering the basic goodness that lies within the heart of a CRAVIOTTO, I am ashamed to confess, I've lusted after another drumset's snare.

It wasnt easy. The Yamaha Sensitive thing was done deal - the perfect marriage- the credit card was out..

...but then there she was! With her walnut curls...

The guy comes up to me and says' hey, try this, you'll like it". I didnt know whether to thank him or curse him.

She's German. $ 395. Birch and Walnut. Light as a feather. Awesome perfection at high and medium tunings with an incredible dynamic range. Very articulated soft buzz rolls and a great thwacky loud wooden rim shot.Didn't try her low, but I'm sure she wouldn't disappoint.

I take this opportunity to really thank all of you ( ...and you know who you are.. ) for sharing in this little 'snare adventure' with me, which made it so much fun, not to mention all that I learned about snares from y'all.

here are some pix on the deck:

DSC03981.JPG

DSC03980.JPG

DSC03977.JPG

DSC03979.JPG

DSC03975.JPG

DSC03976.JPG

Attachments

• DSC03978.JPG
    DSC03978.JPG
    273.2 KB · Views: 716
Last edited:
Dude, you have like my ideal snare :]

It's beautiful, simply beautiful and i LOVE the wood grain on this one :D

Have fun with it! George.

Well you can never really go wrong with Sonor now, can you ?!

Nice purchase. 395 is a good price for that beauty.
I also like how you refer to yourself in the third person in your posts.

Nice purchase. 395 is a good price for that beauty.
I also like how you refer to yourself in the third person in your posts.

Thanks HP.. The third person thing, ya.. its a bit of a Ceaser complex. Must stop. This was to connect the two Self titled threads....

Last edited:
That is a stellar drum Abe--congratulations!

Please keep us up to date as you continue to get to know her better!

best,

spleen

Thanks Jon e, Mike.. glad you guys approve.

Caddy, the guys at Chuck Levin's were ready to bring in a couple of Caviottos for me to trybut it would have taken em a couple of weeks.I wasn't ready to wait anymore and I was happy with the Yammie... and then this came along ( !!! )

That is a stellar drum Abe--congratulations!

Please keep us up to date as you continue to get to know her better!

best,

spleen

Thanks J. Would be really interesting for me if ever you tried this drum and did a Sensitive/S Classix comparison

It is a beauty. I guess if you are going to have a birch snare in your arsenal, that you can't do better than that...

Congrats Abe. She's a real beauty, and must sound magnificent! But tell me, are you ever going to let her out of the house?

I knew it all along. All you really needed to do was go to the drum shop, and shake your money maker....and let them come to you. Nice.

Ahaaa, I return from a brief trip & here it is, in all it's glory. Hmmm, Sonor. Fond memories for me, and still the only mass market drum brand I'd go buy almost without hesitation. What a beautiful finish, & the quality just pours out of the picture. You know what the next request is Abe, SOUND CLIPS!!

Beautiful snare, Abe. I can just imagine what it sounds like.

Back