Insurance for my drums...how? who?

Craig J

I'm in NYC, about to embark on my first tour. I've heard horror stories of full bands losing all their gear. I would be devastated if that happened to me, and even worse if i didn't have insurance.

Do any of you have experience with getting insurance for taking your drums on the road? Any providers you're happy with?

Thanks!

Another vote for Music Pro Insurance. I've used them for years.

A couple years ago I went on a short road trip and I just added a policy for my drums through Allstate, which is who handles my auto insurance. Took some pictures and chose an amount and it was pretty cheap. Thankfully, it proved unnecessary, so I can't speak to the process of filing a claim or what that would be like.

FOr those that suggested Music Pro Insurance, thank you. Do I need to take pictures of my gear? If so, do I need to submit them also? NOthing on their site or the process about doing that...

I have mine covered through the same place that does my auto and home insurance. They didn't really ask me for too many details on my gear and so I've tried to keep an up-to-date listing with many photos.

FOr those that suggested Music Pro Insurance, thank you. Do I need to take pictures of my gear? If so, do I need to submit them also? NOthing on their site or the process about doing that...

No, you're not required to take photos, but you would be wise to have photos of your gear.

I take multiple photos of each item and file them along with sales receipts on multiple hard drives.

Most insurance companies won't require photos, but having photos will prove helpful if you ever file a claim.

No, you're not required to take photos, but you would be wise to have photos of your gear.

I take multiple photos of each item and file them along with sales receipts on multiple hard drives.

Most insurance companies won't require photos, but having photos will prove helpful if you ever file a claim.

appreciate the advice.

Homeowners and renters Ins. don't cover pros. Try Heritage, they are the provider of choice for instrument collectors.

My drums have been stolen from my car before and my renters insurance covered it. No receipts, they just matched what was stolen with current online prices. I got the full dollar value back for everything, and only a $1,000 deductible. Was able to replace drums cymbals and hardware, they did ask for a picture though of my full kit to prove I had possession of it

Back