drum mic kits

ikes

i know i already posted about this, but i'm i need to get started
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Digital...-Microphone-Kit-with-Case-270459-i1911144.gc#
vs
http://www.guitarcenter.com/CAD-Pro-4-Drum-Microphone-Pack-271262-i1126880.gc

which would you choose?

i am gonna get a condenser mic at one of my local stores, but i need to know what to get online.

i'm on a budget
i'm probably gonna get the Tascam us-800
and now i just need a mic set.

i will upgrade gradually, and i am going to start learning how to record and stuff.

thanks
i need your input ASAP

thanks

Did you read any of that thread? Buy a copy of 'Modern Recording Techniques' and save your money.

Start with a pair of condensers and learn to use them with a copy of 'Modern Recording Techniques' in your other hand. Then maybe after you've been playing with that for a few months, then maybe consider a mic set.

Did you read any of that thread? Buy a copy of 'Modern Recording Techniques' and save your money.

Start with a pair of condensers and learn to use them with a copy of 'Modern Recording Techniques' in your other hand. Then maybe after you've been playing with that for a few months, then maybe consider a mic set.

This dude obviously doesn't listen to the advice any of us have given him. I think he wants someone to hold his hand and do everything for him - unable to research or read anything on his own.

This dude obviously doesn't listen to the advice any of us have given him. I think he wants someone to hold his hand and do everything for him - unable to research or read anything on his own.

Well I'm not going to spell it out again. I'm certainly not going to give him a blow-by-blow basic recording instructional (I have done that before here though, mind - about 3 1/2 years ago). Ikes, if you want our advice then you really should listen. Getting your hands on mics is a good idea but only when you have some basic understanding of what you're trying to do. Otherwise you are literally throwing money away.

If you want to throw money away that's not our problem. But a £30 investment in a good textbook will actually save you money and mean that you don't spend $100 on what amounts to mostly total rubbish.

Back