Just picked up this bad boy

Yesterday, I posted about how I was going to trade my pedal in for another. Well, I did it :)

So, I was tied between a 5000 and a Speed Cobra. However, 5000 Singles weren't instock and won't be for a while so... I went with what I knew felt best.
Speed Cobra

Amazing pedal, love the long boards and the smoothness.

Congrats on the new digs! Speed Cobras are very nice and smooth! Best of luck with it! Is it the single?

No pics?? Really??

And you expect us to believe you?? Nah, no way.

I'll save my congratulations 'til those pics show up. :D

Cheers.

See??

There you go.

Now all you need to do is send it to me.

:D

Haha. Congrats man, that's one awesome pedal, I've been deliberating if I should get a 5000 or this one for months now. Enjoy it!!

Oh, and since we're at it... How are you liking that "spiked" beater.. Does it sound different? More attack? less body? Do you feel like you're going to puncture the bd head when you bury it? lol. It looks very weird.

Cheers!

See??

There you go.

Now all you need to do is send it to me.

:D

Haha. Congrats man, that's one awesome pedal, I've been deliberating if I should get a 5000 or this one for months now. Enjoy it!!

Oh, and since we're at it... How are you liking that "spiked" beater.. Does it sound different? More attack? less body? Do you feel like you're going to puncture the bd head when you bury it? lol. It looks very weird.

Cheers!

Hey :) I'd definitely go for this if you're after a really smooth pedal. I found it to be close to a 9000 but more of the feel of a 5000. I was like "Might get the 5000" then went for this after about ten minutes of messing around.

The spiked beaters actually amazing, there's 3 different angles on it, I have mine to sound really punchy. The normal setting attacks the head more and the really weird one sounds dead. I still prefer the Iron Cobra wooden beater, but this beaters awesome :D and it's actually pretty round too, definitely won't puncture the head unless positioned wrong.
That's a nice looking pedal!..how does it compare to what you had?

Compared to my Mapex 500 and Ex-Iron Cobra. This thing is amazing and I don't even play with shoes on anymore and I can heel-toe and get more speed out of it.

The Iron Cobra's Coil system was close to the bearing whereas the Speed Cobra's is close to the top of the longboard. Which gets lots of speed. Amazing for heel-toe and sliding.

That's a fault I found with my IC. The footboards and I have smallish feet (size 7).

Nice! I have two of these and love them, get the matching hi hat stand, its silky smooth action!
They have a hi-hat stand? Might need to invest ;)

Back