IMPERIAL CYMBALS RIPPED US OFF!!!

Please Delete :)

Hello Drummerworld,

Thanks for your support. I've deleted the original thread as I have heard from Imperial, so we'll see how we go.

Last edited:
The guys who photoshopped their brand name over Zildjian ZHT's in their ads? They hardly screamed of professionalism from the outset. Careful who you get into bed with.

Unfortunately, you're a bit late to this party. They looked like a bucket shop when they showed up here to flog their wares. In fact there's few threads about them on DW if you care to search for them. Many of us always suspected someone was gonna get royally ripped off. Sorry to hear it was you guys.

It's always a little jarring when a brand-new member's first post is of this nature. I suspect that some posters may find this a little suspicious but I wish you all the best.

A couple of years ago, Imperial cymbals came on here tried to advertise their wares. I remember them being told where to go after their sales pitch came across and unprofessional and borderline offensive. I also remember them blatantly photoshopping pictures from the Zildjian website to use on their own (specifically ZHT hi-hats).

Frankly, although the offences were fairly 'minor', it did put some people on here right off Imperial cymbals. I'm not sure a single member has disclosed owning one - not because they're necessarily bad cymbals - put partly a lack of exposure and partly a lack of trust.

I hope that your issues get sorted and that you can follow through with legal action, should you need to take it. Unfortunately I have no idea what legal recourse you have at this point. Were they based in the US or Turkey? Or a strange combination of both? Can you take civil action overseas for (what essentially amounts to) fraud? Have they themselves been declared bankrupt?

EDIT: Damn you Jules!

It's always a little jarring when a brand-new member's first post is of this nature. I suspect that some posters may find this a little suspicious but I wish you all the best.

I couldn't agree more. I am a frequent poster, but i've opened a new account just to keep business and personal opinions away from each other.

Please feel free to visit our FB page just to see that we are in fact a 'real' company.

I hear your pain. Unfortunately, as a businessman, I believe that the only way to conduct business in between the parties involved - not involve an internet forum to air disappointments and failed business ventures on line. Their phone number is posted clearly (855-8-IMPERIAL) and I'm sure you have it. Additionally, as every story has at least two sides, a one-sided event of what occurred is not fair to any party involved. What happens in your business transactions with Imperial is not only no business of ours but something you have to be able to resolve to your benefit if you plan on staying in business for very long. Good luck with your (quiet) resolution to this issue.

I think what he was trying to say though MileHighDrummer was beware making orders with Imperial Cymbals. Trauling with Imperial's FB page I've noticed a lot comments going "where is my order I haven't received it yet?"

I hear your pain. Unfortunately, as a businessman, I believe that the only way to conduct business in between the parties involved - not involve an internet forum to air disappointments and failed business ventures on line. Their phone number is posted clearly (855-8-IMPERIAL) and I'm sure you have it. Additionally, as every story has at least two sides, a one-sided event of what occurred is not fair to any party involved. What happens in your business transactions with Imperial is not only no business of ours but something you have to be able to resolve to your benefit if you plan on staying in business for very long. Good luck with your (quiet) resolution to this issue.

I also agree with this, on the proviso that the company is contactable, accountable, and willing to co-operate.

His post indicates that he's tried numerous times to make those contacts and it hasn't happened. Takes two to tango, and the second person has made off with the record player.

Yeah, those guys didn't seem like the paragon of integrity from the get-go.

Sorry for a bit of hijack but tried to look at your stuff (website), mate, and it said the link was broken and took me to my facebook page. Thought you outta know.

Definitely not overreacting. This is totally juvenile and unprofessional behaviour on the part of Imperial Cymbals. Probably the best suggestion I would have would be to contact their key endorsees and other distributors for their product and inform those groups of what has occurred. Indirect action might just turn out the best result. If you've dropped a lot of cash into an investment like this then you are entitled to get what you pay for. The fact that you're trying to provide a service and all they've done is spit in your face shows that they couldn't care less about you or your customers.

So take the step and ensure they lose all their customers. That's what I'd do. In fact, I did that once already when I got ripped off by someone who refused to provide a refund for a faulty product. The power of the internet can be quite useful at times.

Definitely not overreacting. This is totally juvenile and unprofessional behaviour on the part of Imperial Cymbals. Probably the best suggestion I would have would be to contact their key endorsees and other distributors for their product and inform those groups of what has occurred. Indirect action might just turn out the best result. If you've dropped a lot of cash into an investment like this then you are entitled to get what you pay for. The fact that you're trying to provide a service and all they've done is spit in your face shows that they couldn't care less about you or your customers.

So take the step and ensure they lose all their customers. That's what I'd do. In fact, I did that once already when I got ripped off by someone who refused to provide a refund for a faulty product. The power of the internet can be quite useful at times.

The power of the internet indeed.I would first,make sure that all my ducks were in a row,talk to a lawyer,to make sure I wasn't breaking any libel or slander laws,and then post this on every single drum forum on the planet.But first,I'd give fair warning of say,a couple of hours,to "Imperial" cymbals.

Those guys seemed about a straight as a dogs hind leg,when they tried to hawk their wares here,in the most juvenile and unprofessional way possible,clearly to a target audience who's parent's fund their drumming activities.

And the reverse endorsement bologna,appeals to the younger players,who are unaware of just how that deal goes.They just want to be endorsed........when the reverse is actually how it works.

I would look into Crescent cymbals,who recently struck a deal with Sabian,who will start making Crescent cymbals in their Canadian factory.Sounds like some good ground floor stuff.

Steve B

The fact that Imperial doesn't even have their own web site is a red flag. Not that they're (necessarily) crooks, but that they don't think enough of their own product to spend $5 or 6 a month for hosting. A blogspot.com subdomain is one thing, but when you're (supposedly) running a business, host the domain and at least try to look like pros!

Being cheap and clueless ranks right down there with the other deceptions we've seen.

Bermuda

Man from what I've seen lately there sure is a lot of drama in the cymbal world. I won't mention any companies but there's two who are at war with one another and neither were at NAMM this year.

I was thinking about it this AM and the old proverb "When seeking revenge, dig two graves". That's about the gist of it.

The fact that Imperial doesn't even have their own web site is a red flag.

I am NOT defending Imperial but I found what I think is their website here:

http://www.imperialcymbals.bigcartel.com/

If that is not the same company I apologize for linking whatever company it is to this thread. I also trolled Imperial's Facebook and noted two other complainants besides our Aussie friend, both posting about orders not being delivered. It definitely smells funny...

I went to their web site and read their FAQ's - this was at the very bottom of the page:

* Standard turn around times are 4-6 weeks. All cymbals are hand crafted in Istanbul, Turkey.

Man I hate this stuff.

MM

Last edited:
I am NOT defending Imperial but I found what I think is their website here:

http://www.imperialcymbals.bigcartel.com/

If that is not the same company I apologize for linking whatever company it is to this thread. I also trolled Imperial's Facebook and noted two other complainants besides our Aussie friend, both posting about orders not being delivered. It definitely smells funny...

I went to their web site and read their FAQ's - this was at the very bottom of the page:

* Standard turn around times are 4-6 weeks. All cymbals are hand crafted in Istanbul, Turkey.

Man I hate this stuff.

MM

That's them.

Makes me laugh that they have all of the 'merchandise' stuff pictured and featured on the page before the cymbals, some of which are lacking decent descriptions and pictures...

Those shorts look like something you'd wear alongside a whip and gag.

Sorry to hear about what happened to your business, and subsequent loss of school funding. I hadn't heard about this company until I read this thread. Thanks for posting the warning. I hope you can get everything turned around and recover from this, even if they leave you hanging.

Back