IMPERIAL CYMBALS RIPPED US OFF!!!

If Imperial keeps deleting negative comments from their FB page, you could always set up a separate page of your own telling your story, calling it "I was ripped off by Imperial Cymbals"... It would get a lot of search engine hits within Facebook and on Google. Best of all, they can't delete anything there. They have to ask Facebook to remove the page, and that's not a foregone conclusion.

If Imperial keeps deleting negative comments from their FB page, you could always set up a separate page of your own telling your story, calling it "I was ripped off by Imperial Cymbals"... It would get a lot of search engine hits within Facebook and on Google. Best of all, they can't delete anything there. They have to ask Facebook to remove the page, and that's not a foregone conclusion.

That's how I feel.Post a carefully worded statement on all of the social networks,as well as all the drum forums on the planet,that will allow it.Get the word out,about how these guys operate.

What the're doing,is not just morally wrong,it's illegal.Petit larceny,grand larceny,fraud,internet fraud,fraudulent accosting.It would be worth a few hundred bucks,to have an attorney,draw up a legally correct statement,as to avoid slander/libel charges.

You're bound to get some traction.They cant just keep doing the ostridge thing,and expect to keep ripping people off.If vthere was a legit reason for them ,not being able to ship product,there would be a carefully worded statement on all of their internet sites.

Like I said before,give them fair warning,and,if they still don't respond, then ...rip em' a new one.

Steve B

Hey Everybody!

I apologize for my posts in this thread, I do not apologize for my beliefs, but this was the wrong place to impose them on others. That is why I pay a therapist $78 an hour once a week, to vent and let go.

I made a mistake, not the first one I have made and certainly not the last, but I am not here to start fights or arguments. I am here to learn, to hopefully help some new drummers and to have fun.

This is the best drum forum there is and I truly thought I was about to get banned for my comments. Thank you to the Admins for having patience with me.

This will not happen again.

Sorry!

No worries! Thanks for having the honesty and integrity to post!

Bermuda...that's about as on topic as Dreyn gets.He's Sir Spam a Lot.:)

Guess he didn't expect Sir Ban-a-lot!!

Oh MAN I'm funny!

Bermuda

Funny you should mention being ripped off.
I spent $750 USD on a full set of Imperial Cymbals, march 28th 2013. After having woto several rked with them before and loving the cymbals I ordered a fujurisdiction.... the months went by with no Cymbals. After Litterally 100's of emails bavk and forth between us, they refused to show me proof of them sending my order, claimed I must have already received them, as they didnt receive the order back in the mail... and refused to issue me any refund/replacement.

I submitted reports with the NSW Department of fair trading, who(due to it being and international matter) reffered me to the FTC, and the TX District attorney.
several complaints later on each, proved completely useless with absolutely NO reply from either organisation. I tried to talk with a few government funded Lawyers; who told me it was out of their jurystiction.... and I was stuck with nothing.

Finally in early 2014, they agreed to reship my order.

and of course, since then I've had no shipping confirmation, no reply, and no cymbals.

Jeff (owner) refuses to answer my emails, and their facebook page has been taken down.

so here I am, $1000 AUD out of pocket.... had to quit playing as I couldn't afford more cymbals....
with nothing to show for it.

**** you Imperial Cymbals.

I spent $750 USD on a full set of Imperial Cymbals, march 28th 2013. After having woto several rked with them before and loving the cymbals I ordered a fujurisdiction.... the months went by with no Cymbals. After Litterally 100's of emails bavk and forth between us, they refused to show me proof of them sending my order, claimed I must have already received them, as they didnt receive the order back in the mail... and refused to issue me any refund/replacement.

I submitted reports with the NSW Department of fair trading, who(due to it being and international matter) reffered me to the FTC, and the TX District attorney.
several complaints later on each, proved completely useless with absolutely NO reply from either organisation. I tried to talk with a few government funded Lawyers; who told me it was out of their jurystiction.... and I was stuck with nothing.

and of course, since then I've had no shipping confirmation, no reply, and no cymbals.

Jeff (owner) refuses to answer my emails, and their facebook page has been taken down.

so here I am, $1000 AUD out of pocket.... had to quit playing as I couldn't afford more cymbals....

Absolutely heart breaking to hear this. I hope you find a way back to playing soon. If you weren't so far away, I'd happily lend you some of my cymbals to keep you going.

It seems these Imperial cymbal criminals are not just ripoff merchants, they're predatory, & need to be taken out. Disgraceful behaviour of the lowest order :(

Edit, I just looked them up a bit more. Twitter account hasn't been in use since February, & Youtube channel has no videos in it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Where are you baconator. In NSW? I have an over supply of cymbals. I would be happy to give you a set of zbts for free if you are able to pay postage. They are entry level but in as new condition. Alternatively I have some higher end cymbals like a paiste alpha ride and alcgemy hats we could do a deal on. Let me know if interested cheers w

Where are you baconator. In NSW? I have an over supply of cymbals. I would be happy to give you a set of zbts for free if you are able to pay postage. They are entry level but in as new condition. Alternatively I have some higher end cymbals like a paiste alpha ride and alcgemy hats we could do a deal on. Let me know if interested cheers w
How's this for a complete opposite to Imperial's scurrilous greed driven scumbagness! Way to go Wombat - you're a good sort :)

How's this for a complete opposite to Imperial's scurrilous greed driven scumbagness! Way to go Wombat - you're a good sort :)

Thank you for your kind words Andy :)

I have been on the recieving end of peoples kindness in the past and I feel I should help others out when I can.

kind of a way thanking/honouring those who were there for me if you get my drift.

Might I say you are a person who passes on kindnesses yourself, such as expressing the desire to help out "baconator" yourself if he lived nearby, and also the times when you have fixed peoples drums ( such as re cutting bearing edges etc).... "so right back at ya" in the good sort department !!

Andy, you do know what we mean by a "good sort" in the Aussie vernacular don't you? : )
Then again Wombat has responded in kind- maybe its just a Queensland expression (or else Wombat actually regards you as an attractive female and vice versa)?
Grea/ Jules- help a brother out here?

I have been on the recieving end of peoples kindness in the past and I feel I should help others out when I can.

kind of a way thanking/honouring those who were there for me if you get my drift.

Exactly, what goes around, comes around. I hope that applies to the nasty vermin at Imperial! (It's rare for me to be outright accusational without independently verified information, but I think the truth here is pretty clear to all :)

Andy, you do know what we mean by a "good sort" in the Aussie vernacular don't you? : )
Then again Wombat has responded in kind- maybe its just a Queensland expression (or else Wombat actually regards you as an attractive female and vice versa)?
Whoops - I had no idea! :( Now where's my favourite skirt ;)

Bloody el!

Red flag anytime you see the name of a product/company with an allusion to royalty.

"good sort" has gone the way of "cripes" "crickey" "dinky di" etc....consigned to a time long past...that Queenslanders still live in !!

"Scrunt bunny" or simply shes pretty "scrunty" / "tasty" are more common nowadays..... so Andy no need to put your lippy on yet, unless you go to Queensland where men are men and sheep are nervous !!

Queensland where men are men and sheep are nervous !!

Haha, that's how we describe Texas. You won't find any virgin wool over there. :)

Re: Imperial Cymbals, that's a damn shame. I see this faux endorsement deals are losing their appeal. I noticed Metyl Cohen plays Meinl now instead of Soultone. I don't know how these cymbal companies expect to survive with these business practices, but it seems like a tough business considering the fact that Zildjian has almost half the market and all the rest are clamoring for that other 50 percent.

"good sort" has gone the way of "cripes" "crickey" "dinky di" etc....consigned to a time long past...that Queenslanders still live in !!

"Scrunt bunny" or simply shes pretty "scrunty" / "tasty" are more common nowadays..... so Andy no need to put your lippy on yet, unless you go to Queensland where men are men and sheep are nervous !!

Scrunt bunny?? Scrunty?? You're making this stuff up right??
I remember the term "spunky" back in the 80's (and if you were really hot you were a "spunky monkey"!!).
I'll have you know we've had electricity for the past 10 years and just figured out this internet thing a few weeks ago (although daylight savings is still an unfathomable mystery to us)- so how dare you call us backward sir!!
As for the sheep comment, we'll leave that to the Kiwi's thank you very much! : )

Holy crap, I just discovered the owner of this company and an acquaintance/FB friend of mine are close buds. After trolling his page I'm sure all of you will be happy to know that Jeff and his wife are opening a new coffee shop!

No mention of cymbals for months, most media has been taken down. Did some reading on the BBB and other forums and there's a common theme: unheard of business, misleading ads, unsolicited emails looking for sponsors, etc. Next time go with Sabian ;)

Last edited:

Your a legend mate \m/
Yeah I'm in Western Sydney. Your very generous! But it's okay mate, you can keep your cymbals. I don't really have the time to play anymore now anyway. I just play a bit on my electric kit nowadays. I'm sure ill regret this decision later tho when I get back into it haha.
But that was an awesome offer. Champion!

A quick update for Future reference guys!

I have it on good authority that Jeff is selling off the name for Imperial Cymbals, and (aside from his coffe shop endeavours) he will be starting up "Lake Cymbals" or "Laker Cymbals".

So be aware and warned!

Holy crap, I just discovered the owner of this company and an acquaintance/FB friend of mine are close buds. After trolling his page I'm sure all of you will be happy to know that Jeff and his wife are opening a new coffee shop!
Any chance of a link to the rat's page?

A quick update for Future reference guys!

I have it on good authority that Jeff is selling off the name for Imperial Cymbals, and (aside from his coffe shop endeavours) he will be starting up "Lake Cymbals" or "Laker Cymbals".

So be aware and warned!
A very useful heads up there for sure. If those names surface, after verifying ownership, we'll sure post up a nice "promotional" feature & make sure it hit's top of the Google listings ;)

Much harder to rip people off with a coffee shop. No, wait. Starbucks.

The man is a genius.
You have a point with Starbucks. As for this Imperial fudge pushing hermaphrodite, I can think of terms to describe him other than genius :(

Back