IMPERIAL CYMBALS RIPPED US OFF!!!

Good idea. - Done. Time to do something about it, and facebook is great for mass/social impact.

Good idea. - Done. Time to do something about it, and facebook is great for mass/social impact.
I've deleted my post here so I can post freely as an individual on Imperial Cymbal's FB page without fear of smear/backlash against my business. I'm happy to support those defrauded by this "company", but I need to be prudent too. In the meantime, I'm happy to support warnings so that others don't fall into the same trap, but also to encourage them to respond to their debtors. My priority is that our members, & the drumming community at large, get satisfaction.

I am NOT defending Imperial but I found what I think is their website here:

imperialcymbals.bigcartel.com

This is not what real company's URL looks like - it should be imperialcymbals.com, not a subdomain of bigcartel (whatever that is.) They own their domain name - it forwards to the bigcartel site. Spend $5/mo to host the name!!

Amatuers.

Imperial have a facebook page:

www.facebook.com/ImperialCymbals

Facebook is not a web site for commerce, it's social media, which is different. Of course, there are 'companies' that only have a Facebook page and are trying to run a business from there. That's the height of unprofessionalism and cheapness.

That's not to say everyone with a dedicated site is ethical, but the lack of one is always a red flag when someone wants to sell something.

Bermuda

Call a lawyer, have him send them a letter. If nothing, sue. Make sure they end up paying for the lawyer and get your money back.

Why haven't you already done this?

My guess is:

amount of money involved < cost of lawyer and filing international business lawsuit

Imperial followed me on twitter a little while ago and I was immediately struck by how little information is available on their webpage regarding the product. Different cymbals represented by rows and rows of the same tiled thumbnail image. No sound files.

HEY! You've hauled my attention this far into your part of the internet. You have two clicks before I dont care about your cymbals anymore.

Quite easy to find endless appeals to "send in your endorsement application" though.

They might actually be great cymbals but I wouldn't give cash, let alone a card number to someone who seemed to be building a product buzz before a product.

Call a lawyer, have him send them a letter. If nothing, sue. Make sure they end up paying for the lawyer and get your money back.

Totally agree, it may be a common evil in today's world, but you cannot get anything done without a lawyer. See if they will take it on contingency. Only that lawyer's letterhead is going to make them think they may have just F#%*ed with the wrong dude.

Good luck!

I posted a comment on their page earlier and saw where other DW members posted. Not to add fuel to this fire but they have since deleted out posts. Can't say that I am surprised. looks like it is up to the OP to get this one straightened out. It really sucks, and I wish Australian Drum supply the best. Hopefully you can get things sorted out and find some new cymbal companies.

, but you cannot get anything done without a lawyer.

It's just not our first plan of action in this country though mate. Right, wrong or indifferent, going "legal" is not our first thought and a far cry from our first point of call.

Now, the times they are a changin'....that's a given. But it'll still take us a while before the mind set is that the first call made, is to a lawyer. :)

Agreed, excessive legal action is frowned upon and often mocked by a lot of people in this country. Unfortunately it has been becoming more commonplace, but it's not as bad as in the US.

Agreed, excessive legal action is frowned upon and often mocked by a lot of people in this country. Unfortunately it has been becoming more commonplace, but it's not as bad as in the US.

Then I think I may move to Australia, because my experience in personal life and business is" Thank you, please direct any further correspondence directly to my lawyer"

But, this is America, land of opportunity and freedom: where not everyone has basic health insurance and access to medication, where we produce more food than the world could eat, but children and their families go to bed at night hungry and there are 70,000 homeless people in Dallas TX alone.

If you don't like what I just said, fine, vote in another GW Busch, but don't dare challenge the fact I am telling the truth! By the way, I lost my biological father in Vietnam, my adopted father served frontline in Korea (won a purpleheart) and I have done my service in the Armed service. Paid my dues to speak my mind!

Probably just got banned, but it was freakin worth it!

Then I think I may move to Australia, because my experience in personal life and business is" Thank you, please direct any further correspondence directly to my lawyer"

But, this is America, land of opportunity and freedom: where not everyone has basic health insurance and access to medication, where we produce more food than the world could eat, but children and their families go to bed at night hungry and there are 70,000 homeless people in Dallas TX alone.

If you don't like what I just said, fine, vote in another GW Busch, but don't dare challenge the fact I am telling the truth! By the way, I lost my biological father in Vietnam, my adopted father served frontline in Korea (won a purpleheart) and I have done my service in the Armed service. Paid my dues to speak my mind!

Probably just got banned, but it was freakin worth it!

Yes, we don't like political talk because it causes division. This place is about uniting as drummers and then dividing over gear likes and dislikes, not to mention techniques and grips. So far I'm not liking what I'm hearing about these Imperials because I've followed this story since its infancy.

Imperial followed me on twitter a little while ago and I was immediately struck by how little information is available on their webpage regarding the product. Different cymbals represented by rows and rows of the same tiled thumbnail image. No sound files.
They followed me as well, I guess it's a poor way to advertise their product, especially if not supported by further information on their website. Probably they just followed everyone who has the word "drummer" in their profile...

Back