"Nightmare-Avenged Sevenfold" anyone else have an opinion?

BENANEB

I just downloaded this song a few days ago, and it seems like a great tune, but I just would like to see if anyone else has an opinion on it. I personally like what Mike did to the song, and the fact that M. Shadows is still screaming, but some parts remind me of Metallica for a few reasons. Anyone else have an opinion on this song?

WOW! That's EXACTLY what I thought when I first heard it!

Thanks. I thought I was crazy for a minute there, because everyone I've talked to about it didn't think so. It sounds kinda like a cross between City of Evil and Metallica. Shadows does that voice fling (where he changes pitch) and the drums are simple, and the guitar is a driving, yet simple pushing force behind the vocals, but thats just on the verse. But I do like the drum fills and the beat during the solo.

Yeah, Mike did a great job filling the Rev's shoes in the drum section. On the Metallica topic, M does sound like Hetfield in a few parts. Not that I don't like the song but I really hope the CD is better than the single.

Yeah, Mike did a great job filling the Rev's shoes in the drum section. On the Metallica topic, M does sound like Hetfield in a few parts. Not that I don't like the song but I really hope the CD is better than the single.

I know, me too. I've been waiting for another album since their self-titled came out because I just didn't fancy it at all. Didn't seem like them. I liked City of Evil a lot though. And on the Metallica idea, sorry about my terrible explanation of the similarities (I'm not a singer obviously) but I hope that on the album there is more complicated drum beats and guitar parts, and I look forward to jamming to it on my set.

I personally liked the self-titled album because its a very versital album while still being a A7X album. At the same time I also like City of Evil. I think if they could find a way to keep ther versitility, which'll be hard without the Rev, and keep some of the stuff from City of Evil and Waking the Fallen then they would have an amazing album.

Not bad.

I'm not a huge AX7 fan, but I did really like City of Evil for the way the band blended big 80's metal with modern metal.

This song is more of that same blend of old and new styles.

I don't think it's super great, but I enjoyed it. I'm thinking I'll but the album when it comes out just for the heck of it, because I'm curious how Portnoy will fit in overall.

i really do like a7x, they are all great musicians. but my god their new singing style.... all the melodic singing sounds whiny, nasal and just plain annoys me.

apart from that it sounds like mike is doing a pretty good job of emulating the rev, should be a good album.

Back