For Toto fans :)

Andy

Honorary Member
Ok, I'm a Toto fan. I admit it - there, it's out. Not at fanboy level, but my favorite band across over 30 years.

For those of you of a similar persuasion, I was trawling for old Toto clips, & came across this superb half time rearrangement of "Goodbye Girl", together with a medley of older favorites including "Child's Anthem". BV stops are just stunning! I went to see them on this tour, but they didn't do this bit in the gig I saw. Anyhow, for you Totoites out there - enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gc0_HBffm8&hd=1

Love me some Toto! Saw Steve Lukather with Ringo this past summer. Excellent :)
Thanks for sharing.

Ok, I'm a Toto fan. I admit it - there, it's out. Not at fanboy level, but my favorite band across over 30 years.

For those of you of a similar persuasion, I was trawling for old Toto clips, & came across this superb half time rearrangement of "Goodbye Girl", together with a medley of older favorites including "Child's Anthem". BV stops are just stunning! I went to see them on this tour, but they didn't do this bit in the gig I saw. Anyhow, for you Totoites out there - enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gc0_HBffm8&hd=1

I have to admit it too Andy...I am and always will be a Toto fan. Being in So Cal and living a stones throw (San Fernando Valley) away from most of these guys it was hard not to be influenced by them. I was also and still am a big fan of Simon Phillips and think that he was the best replacement choice the band could make for Jeff Porcaro...

I'll admit it, and I'm not afraid to do so. This band rocks. the only reason some folks think they're not al that is because they play some softer stuff. Jeff Porcaro was one of my favorite drummers, and Simon Phillips IS my favorite drummer, so you can imagine how nuts I went when he took over for Jeff. great band, hands down....

I have to admit,I just started to listen to these guys a few months ago,and I'am a old dude...Fantastic sound and performance thanx KIS

I didn't realise liking Toto was some sort of taboo. Excellent musicians writing catchy, well-crafted rock songs? What's not to like?

Add to that the fact that they've employed two of the greatest drummers in the world and I would assume that Toto was required listening by anyone who appreciates great drumming :)

That whole 2003 Amsterdam show (available on DVD) is an excellent display of musicianship every step of the way.

Yeah!!! I love this reworked version of Girl Goodbye, it's the opening track on the DVD "Live in Amsterdam", which obviously I've got, being a long time fan of Toto, since 1978 to be exact, when they did the legendary "Hold The Line". Simon Phillips is also my favorite drummer of all time, so as you can expect, I've got the latest live DVD too "Falling In Between Live".

Here's a link of the whole 2007 concert for the Totoites out there, as Andy names them :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GWnveEXNro

Enjoy!!!

I would give real money to hear Simon Phillps on a Guru Origins custom double bass kit in ....Simon Phillips green lacquer.Just pictureing it in my minds eye.Stunning.

Can you imagine what it would sound like?

Just WOW.:)

Steve B

Toto is my favourite band too. I never get tired to listening to them.
This clip is fantastic. The background vocals are also spot on - I wonder if they have been redone.

Back