Strange coincidence things that happen

OH EM ACTUAL, it just happened to me.

I was reading the thread about mediocre cheese and female drummers (as you do) and somebody mentioned Belinda Carlisle.

Guess who came on the radio just as I finished reading that particular post?

(Belinda Carlisle.)

Wow golly gosh.

Gotta count em against a population count(against how many songs heard on the radio) and do some standard deviation analysis to determine true correlative relationships.

We are pattern recognition machines....whether the pattern is random or not.

wait...im typing on a machine!! 8-0

ok, heres another one. I just pm'd Andy about a cajon question. then, went on facebook and modern drummer posted from NAMM a piece about Tycoon percussion. the picture is nothing but cajones!

I was thinking about sitting down in my living room,and suddenly,.....there was this chair.I had to sit down,to regain my composure,from this other worldly experience.:)

Steve B

I was thinking about sitting down in my living room,and suddenly,.....there was this chair.I had to sit down,to regain my composure,from this other worldly experience.:)

Steve B

strange thing, they got rid of the option for me to delete this thread. sorry steve

Last edited:
I was in a previous relationship and I got dumped. The exchange on her phone was 309. When we were dating, I would always get excited when I would see her number come up. That number 309 haunted me for literally a few years after she dumped me. Gas prices, digital clocks, tractor trailers on the road with giant 6 foot tall letters that said FURNITURE 309, prices in the supermarket, the recording length of some of my gigs, it would just pop up multiple times in a day. Plus she drove a burgundy Jeep Liberty and I saw that car EVERYWHERE. I almost got hit by one in a parking lot. No it wasn't her lol. That number still haunts me, but I don't see it nearly as much as when she first dumped me.

Makes me think I should play that lottery number, but I don't really gamble.

Speaking of lottery, my Dad once dreamed he saw the lottery drawing, complete with the winning number. If that happens, we heard that you are supposed to play it for at least a week. He did and on the 5th day he hit. The thing is, when the drawing was broadcast, he was asleep in front of the TV. So he never actually saw the drawing with his eyes. Coincidence? I don't friggin know. It was freaky though.

420 was the number on the initial proposal to legalize cannabis in California I believe it was. Proposition 420. That's where the number originated. It could have been proposition 118. Then people would be described as 118 friendly instead of 420 friendly.

ok, heres another one. I just pm'd Andy about a cajon question. then, went on facebook and modern drummer posted from NAMM a piece about Tycoon percussion. the picture is nothing but cajones!

I don't think I'd have even noticed that.

I don't think I'd have even noticed that.

yeah it was almost instantly after we contacted each other.

yesterday on the way to work, Pearl Jam came on my ipod mix and I was stuck at a light....Pearl street! I never even knew the name of the street and I go through that light twice a day but sitting there, I looked at the sign and there it was.

yesterday on the way to work, Pearl Jam came on my ipod mix and I was stuck at a light....Pearl street! I never even knew the name of the street and I go through that light twice a day but sitting there, I looked at the sign and there it was.

Now I definitely wouldn't have noticed that, never having (to my knowledge) heard Pearl Jam, so the coincidence would have been completely wasted on me!

Maybe the fundamental explanation is that you are very much aware of things, and I'm not?

strange thing, they got rid of the option for me to delete this thread. sorry steve

Sorry...bugger that.This is good stuff......I'm just having a laugh.Most stuff that goes bump in the night,has to taken with a grain of salt.

You have nothing to be sorry for,my friend,I wasn't trying to poke fun at you,not post commentary at all....just having fun.:):)

Steve B

Sorry...bugger that.This is good stuff......I'm just having a laugh.Most stuff that goes bump in the night,has to taken with a grain of salt.

You have nothing to be sorry for,my friend,I wasn't trying to poke fun at you,not post commentary at all....just having fun.:):)

Steve B

Thanks steve, I think they switched the coffee to decaf and didn't tell me...im very grumpy lately!!!

Thanks steve, I think they switched the coffee to decaf and didn't tell me...im very grumpy lately!!!

I think decaf coffee is a communist plot,to separate us from our sanity.I say..up the caffine intake,and smoke em',if you got em'...........oh ..no....John Wayne said that.Carry on.:)

Steve B

You don't say! I was born on 04/20.

So were Lionel Hampton, Tito Puente, and Mike Portnoy. Coincidence?

Hitler was as well, maybe he should have smoked some pot.

Now I definitely wouldn't have noticed that, never having (to my knowledge) heard Pearl Jam, so the coincidence would have been completely wasted on me!

Really? You MUST listen to the album Ten, it is a thing of beauty.

I think decaf coffee is a communist plot

Haha I say the same thing! Another coincidence? I want to try some of this: http://deathwishcoffee.com/

It's like Yogi Berra said ,"it's deja vu all over again"."

"People don't go there anymore,because it's to crowded"Gotta love Yogi.:)

Steve B

Back