Should I warn them???

...anyone want to buy a poor gal a plane ticket to England? :p

If I win the lottery, consider it done Mary :)

Sure! When are we going?

I'm guessing October time, destination London, the venue will be the London Drum Show!

Quite a few members are going to meet at the Guru's booth from everywhere in the world, UK, America, France, Australia, Germany... and maybe from Switzerland too, fingers crossed :)

I gotta ask my wife first.

We'll know who's the boss then... ;-))

"going to meet at the Guru's booth"

gah! are you going on about Guru AGAIN!!

it's like there are no other drum manufacturers in the world!

Well are there?

Just kidding. If only I had the money...

Hey Andy, how about an endorsement:)

Just checked out Sticks’s thread over there. About converting his barn to a drum room. And I must say the following: Holy s#!t that looks sweet! If you don’t want to be insanely jealous, don’t go look at it.

Well, there's a lot of talking about Mapex and badges in this thread, so I thought it would be nice to have a balanced approach, Mapex being much, much better drums than Guru of course... but Guru's have much, much smaller badges :)

Just kidding, has it happens for those who don't know (lol) Guru's booth is attended by 2 of our finest members here, Andy and Dean, it is somehow "normal" that their booth will be the meeting point, after we meet, no doubt everyone will rush to the Mapex booth...

Just checked out Sticks’s thread over there. About converting his barn to a drum room. And I must say the following: Holy s#!t that looks sweet! If you don’t want to be insanely jealous, don’t go look at it.

It does look good. He even has a half pipe in there. He mentioned turning a silo into a weight room. That would be awesome.

Don't knock until you've tried it, my friend. DC is a very nice, family friendly forum. We really don't need to start a forum war.

Just curious though, does this imply other forums are 'family unfriendly'?

Plenty of folks on here, myself included, have wives and kids, and we only cuss when provoked or required. lol

I've been on DC, nice people, nice forum, my reason for changing was that open, healthy debate seemed to be frowned upon or held in check. Debate and exchange are what forums should be about, with nothing personal. But I am on no soapbox, and no forum warrior am I.

That's code for conservative.
... my reason for changing was that open, healthy debate seemed to be frowned upon or held in check. Debate and exchange are what forums should be about ...
I spent about a year on there before coming here and that was my exact experience, too. This place was like a big breath of fresh air and I haven't been back to DC since.

No, it is how I wrote it. Nothing implied. Please don't put meaning to my words that aren't there.

Plenty of folks on here, myself included, have wives and kids, and we only cuss when provoked or required. lol

DC uses filtering software for that. Understandably so because there are people of all ages that are members. Don't get me wrong, I swear plenty. But I don't need my kids reading inappropriate content.

I've been on DC, nice people, nice forum, my reason for changing was that open, healthy debate seemed to be frowned upon or held in check. Debate and exchange are what forums should be about, with nothing personal. But I am on no soapbox, and no forum warrior am I.

I have never experienced that over there. I have had plenty of debates there. People maintain a fun, professional and adult-like attitude. I'm not saying that it isn't like that here, so please do not interpret it that way. :)

I keep saying this over and over again(I'm starting to sound like a broken record) We are all drumming bretheren(and sisters too!) who are all on the same journey.

Take care.

That's code for conservative.
I spent about a year on there before coming here and that was my exact experience, too. This place was like a big breath of fresh air and I haven't been back to DC since.

We are all different individuals and we all have our own preferrences. I choose to seek out as many sources as I can in my journey, whether it is here, DC or any other forum. Why limit yourself?

Man, I'm so disappointed that I was a member here during "Stick's Last Stand" and I was completely unaware he was offending people. I feel like I was looking at the wrong part of a stage when something crazy happens and everyone else experienced it but me, even though I was sitting in the crowd...

For sure...and thats why I asked the question. No harm intended.
I didn't want to remain ignorant of what "family friendly" meant.

Ok, I guess I was reading into your post more than I should have. I read your post like you were trying to state that I said this forum was family un-friendly. My apologies.

I'm no expert by any stretch of the imagination on drumming forums, but I have seen plenty where members flame one another, trolls are everywhere, swearing, inappropriate pics, etc. I don't really need my kids experiencing any of that.

Yes, DC is a very conservative forum. Nothing wrong with that at all. It is just another source of info out there. I have made friends with numerous individuals on the board and have even met one in person. He and I are now good friends who really enjoy drumming. I hope to make some friends here as well in hopes that there is some good knowledge exchange going on. :)

After seeing each forum I would say dc is a more family oriented forum. There are more strict moderators and if you wanted an 8 year old drummer to interact it would be a good place to go. Dw is a lot more diverse and being a very large forum it occasionally attracts trolls and losers, the moderators do a good job weeding them out but it is impossible to get all of it out. I prefer dw because of more time spent here and I know more people here. I don't have a problem with dc though and they seem like nice people. This isn't one forum vs another, each has its own advantages and disadvantages. Some people probably do better there while others will enjoy it more here.

Y’mean other than being conservative? (Couldn’t resist the almost-reference to The Big Lebowski.)

Problem with people being conservative? If everyone was out there this would be a very different world.

Not being too serious but still variety is good, and if some weren't more conservative or more "modern" or whatever else you want to use to describe them it would be very boring.

After seeing each forum I would say dc is a more family oriented forum. There are more strict moderators and if you wanted an 8 year old drummer to interact it would be a good place to go. Dw is a lot more diverse and being a very large forum it occasionally attracts trolls and losers, the moderators do a good job weeding them out but it is impossible to get all of it out. I prefer dw because of more time spent here and I know more people here. I don't have a problem with dc though and they seem like nice people. This isn't one forum vs another, each has its own advantages and disadvantages. Some people probably do better there while others will enjoy it more here.

Well said sir! :)

Extra characters, blah, blah, blah.... because my reply was too short.

...variety is good, and if some weren't more conservative or more "modern" or whatever else you want to use to describe them it would be very boring.

+1 to that.

And extend the concept to different musical styles, food, haircuts, and cultures in general.

Back