DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussion forum for all drum related topics. Use this forum to exchange ideas and information with your fellow drummers.

Old 04-20-2011, 07:24 PM

Default Pearl pedal problems

DW9000 pedals broke, but they will cost $250 to replace,so I bought Pearl Eliminators. I was sold on how they can be adjusted a million different ways, but even with all the variables, I'm still not comfortable on them. They seem ok for speed, a quiet smoothness to them, but I use the weight of my whole leg when I play, and the power stroke is just not there on slower beats. The pedal seems to recoil ahead of the chain (like there's a millisecond of slack), whether the springs are completely tight or not. I've also adjusted the pedal angles, pedal board angle, and realized using the red cam helps the most, but I'm just not feeling the pedal control and sturdy contact like before. When I play quieter, with my leg stable and only my foot pivoting at the ankle, I'm accomplishing speed, but there's no oomph. I'm debating whether to "relearn" according to the feel of these pedals, or take them back and maybe switch to Iron Cobras. Anyone have any ideas or advice?
Old 04-20-2011, 08:26 PM
Gold Member

Default Re: Pearl pedal problems

I definitely get more power with my Iron Cobra. So much that it's hard to not bury the beater. I'm playing un-ported at the moment.So,I switched to my Elim. It seems to work better for the kick I'm playing now
A lot of people like the red cams but I get more power out of the blue.
Old 04-20-2011, 08:54 PM

Thanks Bull, I'm going to work with them some more before trying to take them back. I'll focus on the blue cams. I just got them, so I have some time to make the decision.
Old 04-20-2011, 09:12 PM
Gold Member

Honestly,there are almost too many variables and options with that pedal. I was changing something every few days. I finally just stopped and let myself adjust to the pedal. It will drive you insane, if you don't. :)