Travis Barker

Re: Travis Barker playing country

Actually I thought he was ridiculous and wasted an opportunity in front of millions of viewers to show that drummers, even "headbangers" CAN be musically diverse.

Actually I thought he was ridiculous and wasted an opportunity in front of millions of viewers to show that drummers, even "headbangers" CAN be musically diverse.

i agree completely, i think that he kind of shamed the drumming community, to a lot of the people that wtched that show probably came away from it thinking, hey that was a good performance, but did you see that tool of a drummer? yea, i told you all drummers are just tattoed idiots bangin on whatever is near by.

He's overrated in my opinion.
And he does look odd playing country...

Last edited:

he is an idiot. I'm sorry, but his drums are tuned so inapropriately for the music.

I honestly dont kno wat the big deal is about him. watch some of his solos, the one from fuel on his page at drummerworld. its all beats and a couple a fast rudiments. believe me, if there were no lights flashing around him during that drum solo, nobody wouldve been impressed.

bonzo101191 said:
I honestly dont kno wat the big deal is about him. watch some of his solos, the one from fuel on his page at drummerworld. its all beats and a couple a fast rudiments. believe me, if there were no lights flashing around him during that drum solo, nobody wouldve been impressed.
yes, but as everyones already said, thats not his best solo by far, and it's certainly not his best work. theres a better solo from a blink show on drummerworld and you only have to listen to an album to know he can do much better.

SOGdrummer said:

I think this is the only post that people need to read. And for those of you who say "So What?", you need to lose the Travis-Worship and LISTEN to what he's playing. It isn't very good...the timing is bad, the starts and ends are horrible, the country swing is erratic.

This is why he has the mohawk and the crazy drumset, so you don't notice the fact the guy is a spastic punk drummer, and not really your top tier musician.

Stu_Strib said:
Quick! Who was the best musician on stage?

If you didn't answer Brad Paisley then y'all need to broaden your musical tastes a bit.

Sorry, but I have to say Billy Gibbons. He's one of my favorite guitarists (ZZ TOP!!!!!)

The performance was o.k. Again, nothing special, but Travis' needs to watch himself. As said by Stu, he started late on one song, and ended early on another. However, I'm pretty sure that if Travis practiced Country Rock, he may end up pretty decent; aside from that, Travis Barker just looks out of place. Billy Gibbons' beard hardly makes him weird with that freaky mohawk behind him.

- Marc

I think hes good but not nearly as good as everyone thinks he is, expecialy most of his solos he starts out playing something pretty cool then he just starts playing a whole bunch of beats with long fills

I have never been a Blink-182 or Travis Barker fan, but I don't indiscriminately bash him out of hand. I'm more indifferent than anything. That said, I thought his playing was mediocre and his style (looks, mechanics, gestures, etc.) were inappropriate to the song and the occasion. I did get a kick out of seeing a bunch of country stars happily singing along to the songs.

Cannons said:
I have never been a Blink-182 or Travis Barker fan, but I don't indiscriminately bash him out of hand. I'm more indifferent than anything. That said, I thought his playing was mediocre and his style (looks, mechanics, gestures, etc.) were inappropriate to the song and the occasion. I did get a kick out of seeing a bunch of country stars happily singing along to the songs.

i can understand the arguments on his timing being off, or what ever else you want to throw in there, i mean if its off its off oh well, but to bring up the fact he looked odd has nothing to do with musicality or his skill... i didnt hear anything really off it sounded fine to me.. but then again maybe i need to train my ears more to what is being played.. so im not just a crazed fan saying hes not off time.. he could have been i just didnt notice it..

everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and some have valid points. The others are either speaking out of ignorance or jelousy. The bottom line is, the man is doing what he loves for a living, and acomlishing all his goals. Im sure he did not ask for all the fame and popualrity that came with it, but he is doing what the majority of people that wrote in this forum dream of every day.

OMG!!!! Travis???? is that you?????? this is one of the wierdest music collaberations ive seen since jay z and paul mcartney went together lol.

Re: travis barker playing country

lfdy said:
I'm actually a fan of Travis, but...you can't base his so called 'musical diversity' on this video :)...

If it was some kind of jazz groove/solo, i would've bought it. But i didn't really think anything special about his drumming in the vid.

Ok a really good drummer could play anything not just punk rock or whatever, any really good drummer could play any style of music wether it may be country as you saw in this video to hip/hop or jazz, if a drummer could only play metal, punk rock etc, that isnt a very good drummer, but travis could play anything, hip/hop, country, punk rock you name it, that what makes him such a good drummer

Back