Dream Theater's new drummer is...

Coldhardsteel

Gold Member
Not announced yet!

Did I get you? :D

Hopefully those stinky Europeans will have the sense to put the information on the internet when the tour starts.

I guarantee you they'll announce the drummer before the tour starts.

Not sure what you're trying to say by calling us Europeans "stinky", so I'll just let that slide.

I heard it through the grapevine that it's Bernard "Pretty" Purdie. Yep. Dream Theater has decided to take the fork in the road and lay the funk down.

I was told Dom Famularo showed up for the auditions too ;)

I was going to say Elvin Jones, but then realised that even the most deluded of Dream Theater fans (and there are plenty of deluded fans) might think that divine resurrection was beyond the abilities of LaBrie et al. Might.

I heard that after Portnoy they were so tired of working with drummers, they've decided to go to automated drumming. It's all drum machines and programmed rhythm tracks from now on. I met a few of the guys on my short list and they all said no.

I heard that after Portnoy they were so tired of working with drummers, they've decided to go to automated drumming. It's all drum machines and programmed rhythm tracks from now on. I met a few of the guys on my short list and they all said no.

I wouldn't have thought anybody would be able to tell the difference anyway...

I still reckon god might step in, he has had plenty of lessons from Bonham.

auditions have occurred (and been filmed) - the new drummer has been chosen and it just has not yet been announced. So - I can't tell you; sorry!

Paul

I sure would like to know!

I heard from a cousin who is friends with a roadie that Travis Barker is a serious inquiry for the band.

Who says they are working with just one drummer?
Here's a quote from John Petrucci:

"Auditions went great and we do have someone but we are spending some time getting everything in order before making an official announcement. Let me just say that we are all incredibly excited about our choice and just bursting at the seams to let the world know!"

It's not exactly a great kept secret.

Who it is has been leaked numerous times.

What I'm not clear on is WHY they are not making an official announcement. I've heard it has something to do with the bands management and some legal issue they're trying to straighten out, or something like that (??)

Is his name Marco?

I am just putting these other words here to meet the minumum abount of words.

It was thought to be Marco Minneman, but it has recently been discovered that it isn't. The only reason why it was rumored to be Marco is because he was suddenly doing a bunch of work with Jordan Rudess.

Back