MUSIC forum?!

AnOasis

Why is there not a forum just on music? Or am I missing something??

I'm not sure what you mean, There is a Your Playing forum.
Music is discussed in the other forums frequently here.
Do you mean reading music?

go to Craigslist in your area and click on Forums, then music. you should find what you are looking for there

Or the Off Topic Lounge. The chat can range from music generally, other instruments to the joys of seat belts ...

Ah yes...seatbelts. I had almost forgotten that thread...for what I hoped to be forever. Thanks. :)

I'm going to get myself a glass of milk now...

I'm guessing that you're not referring to having a strictly music section on this forum, but a forum that is all about music (in other words, things like equipment would not be discussed). Jeff suggested some good ones. I used to be a member of the allaboutjazz.com forum, but I haven't posted there in over a year now. I found some of the newer members (as well as some of the ones who had been there for a while) quite annoying and it seemed like there was a lack of interesting topics. I'll also add this one:

http://blindman.15.forumer.com/

I don't think you're going to find a music forum that's all encompassing. Every music forum I've seen has been about a genre rather than about all music in general, but of course, I could be wrong.

Last edited:
there's always harmony central.

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/

it's not like they're just one forum that covers "music", but they have so many sub-forums related to music that they cover an awful lot. everything is geared towards musicians though, so if you're looking to talk about music just as a fan of music then you might want to look elsewhere.

Yes, I was just curious why there isn't a forum that focused strictly on music of any genre. We are musicians after all ..... I'm a drummer and all but I tend to focus less on chops and gear and more on the purpose and craft of drumming ... Music. This would be an awesome place for such a thing :)

Yes, I was just curious why there isn't a forum that focused strictly on music of any genre. We are musicians after all ..... I'm a drummer and all but I tend to focus less on chops and gear and more on the purpose and craft of drumming ... Music. This would be an awesome place for such a thing :)

If such a forum existed, it would most likely be divided into sub-categories to keep it readable. So it would be a music forum with sub-categories for jazz, latin, polka, classical, samba, salsa, etc...

It would seem a bit confusing skimming through hundreds of posts that were not categorized.

Jeff

If such a forum existed, it would most likely be divided into sub-categories to keep it readable. So it would be a music forum with sub-categories for jazz, latin, polka, classical, samba, salsa, etc...

It would seem a bit confusing skimming through hundreds of posts that were not categorized.

Jeff

So true ... It would get super old digging through all of those polka threads :)

I think the question isn't where is the forum, the question is what do you want to discuss?

A ton of music is discussed here every day.

If there is something specific, just bring it up, and I'm sure many of us will jump in with our 2 cents on what ever the band/genre/drummer is you want.

I always read about that milk thing, but I completely missed that thread :(! What was it all about? Forbidding milk??

Swiss.....you missed nothing. Besides, the poster has been here several times under several identities....as sure as death, taxes and the turning of the tides, he'll be back....he just can't help himself. You can ask him to relay the whole idiotic, mind numbing saga when he next appears.

Hey, they call it soccer in Ireland too! :) Football to them is Gaelic football.

Hey....we call it soccer in Oz too. Football to us is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4iFXaRh_4fM (at least, that's how it goes in the southern states)

Yes, that I know, I think the milk thread is the only one I missed involving him. And I wouldn't mind him not coming back.
But it sounds like it was funny, and besides I haven't any clue how a thread about milk could get any heated :).

As funny as it sounds and as offensive as he was to some good folk here, I actually liked the guy........ok, ok.......then at the very least I found him entertaining. Seatbelts, government conspiracy, milk, coating valued members.....take your pick, my feeble brain got a giggle out of his lunacy. If he could learn to play nicely with the other kids and not be such a knucklehead (or chucklehead as H would say.....[love it, fwiw]), he'd be quite the comic relief. Alas.............

I used to use musiciansforums when I was a kid, but I think that shut down. and those forums usually led to arguing anyway.

Back