Drum practice programs?

carldrum

Hi eveybody.

I'm looking for a program that can play files, that in turn are easy to find. What i need is really tight bass guitar solo tracks that i can play to, and/or free multitracks or somthing. I have guitar pro, but i don't really know how I can get files to play easily. I don't need any famous stuff, just something basic at least..it's obviously hard to find. I even have problems with finding just regular crappy mp3's with nice funky/jazzy bass solo's. I prefer downloading stuff.
I imagine playing bass riff solo's with the metronome in the background on gituar pro, or something simular.

If anyone have any nice solutions for making practicing at home easier, please help. thnx

Last edited:
have you thought about getting some sort of drum module/mixer/something?
either that or just a good pair of headphones and plug them into your ipod?

when i'm playing i put everything through a profire 610 which is then hooked up to my drum module. then i put my headphones into the phones socket on the module. works pretty well.
i use a program called reaper (google it, its damn good and cheap) because i record alot of drums. when there's a lot of songs i need to practice i will simply import lots of files (.wav/.mp3/.flac) and then line them up or cut them up to practice/record bits that are of particular interest.
this means i can also listen back and critique my performance afterward and work on any problems.

good luck!

Thank's for your answer. I'm definatly looking into a drum module. I used to have one, when i had Roland V-drums. Do maufacturers have more music for the modules to buy, than the music that comes with it?
I have nice headphones and an ipod, but i want to find music easily with, and without drums, not just play along songs that already has drums. I do that already. The music could just be basic free bass riffs anyone can make. Just something playing in differen styles of music, that comes along with a practice program or whatever. I don't need to learn famous songs.
Is there some easy way to find mp3's with differentstyle bass guitar riffs ? I like playing along music without drums, and espesially bass guitar. I found a site that has cd's for sale without drums, but i think it should be easy to find these things seperated. There should be some way to play traks as multitracks, so you could choose what instruments to remove, without having to make your own music first. I'm really amazed that i haven't found a good program specifically made for different drum practice. It's a gold mine, just waiting for someone to dig it. Labels should have their bands avalable on multitrack like files for sale. Not revealing the process, but just helping people mute instruments, and alternate speed and so on, at least.

Last edited:
ohhhh i see! now i understand what you mean (music without drums).
in that case i would suggest the following:

get some music editing software (e.g. reaper) and download some VST's.
then for the songs you want to learn, go to google and type in a search term like;
Artist title - Song title midi

if it's a relatively well known band/artist/producer then you may be able to find a midi file that someone else has uploaded. you can then import this midi file into your DAW. the midi file will contain various tracks containing melodies, chords, etc. then you put a VST onto each track, change a few settings and you should have a relatively recognisable track to practice to.

if it isn't well known then i would suggest that you transcribe the instruments of most relevance (e.g. guitar chords, lead melody, bass) yourself within your DAW (also using midi).

i hope this stuff makes sense.. it took me a little while to get to grips with it when i first started using it :)

Great. Thank's! I was told to use midi, but then i heard that you needed alot of plug-ins to make it good enough, and I was told to look for multitracks...but like you say, I just need relatively recognisable songs, and espesially bass, and guitar etc.
I really want to learn, and get used to this ones and for all. Thank's again:)

no worries. you can find various VST's around the net if you do a little searching, there are various free ones, and otherwise :)
you may also be able to find some multitracks, but i think it's a good idea to get a basic knowledge of sequencing anyway, it will help you in the future!

Back