A&F Drums @ NAMM - uh oh ?

JoePasko

Saw this pic up on Facebook this morning; Never been to a NAMM show, so I really do not know what is expected of participants.

Attachments

• namm.jpg
    namm.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 826
I guess the lesson here is you have to control your visitors.

This was the email NAMM send out after the booth shut down:

In order to keep The NAMM Show a business-friendly environment
please make sure you adhere to our sound policies.
Performances are not allowed in booths
Product testing is meant to be in short duration and not at maximum sound level (85 db max)
If testing products, please keep sound to a conversational level
Please remember that booth demos are intended to be very short
When sound level is in question, please refer to the exhibitor as booths in violation of the sound policy can be shut down
Attendee badges can be removed if exceeding the sound level maximum

The problem is many smaller manufactures want maximum exposure to complete with the big companies, so they let people go wild at their booths.

Though in my opinion, all that does is drive business people away from their booths.

I'm sure they were warned 2 or 3 times, which is pretty standard. If they ignored the warnings then they should be banned for a year so that perhaps their arrogance and lack of respect can be worked on.

They got what they deserved.

I'm sure they were warned 2 or 3 times, which is pretty standard. If they ignored the warnings then they should be banned for a year so that perhaps their arrogance and lack of respect can be worked on.

Anf posted in social media all about it. They claim they weren’t making any more noise than anyone else and they were shut down more for the volume of people visiting their booth than the volume of the playing.

I would like to consult their google analytics and see for myself whether all of this translated into increased sales or not.

They sure make some of the better-sounding brass snares I have heard in a while.

As for the volume at NAMM, well I was not there so any comment on my part would be worthless.

Why don't they just provide a complimentary pair of professional foam ear plugs with each convention pass ? Problem solved... or no ?

NAMM seemed to be especially loud this year, and I didn't see the noise police once. Many guilty booths, mostly the smaller companies.

Just like slapping a Parental Advisory label on an album, it's only going to interest people more to learn a booth was shut down and that the company embraced it. It gives them a bit of a rebel edge. They're a small company with quite a reputation already, so people will look to stick up for them. I'm guessing it interested more people than it turned off, and can't imagine it will cost them any sales.

Good for them for using it to their advantage. They've got some really neat stuff and some really far out stuff. They'll continue to do well.

Perhaps; I'm sure there are those that like the FU attitude and break the rules. I see it in a few other operations. People are there to talk business and concentrate. Tough to do when you have wanna B Bonhams cruising the isles,looking for something to beat on.
Rules are put in place as a common courtesy, much like "no smoking"..but you still get the clowns that think they are above it all
F THEM!

NAMM seemed to be especially loud this year, and I didn't see the noise police once. Many guilty booths, mostly the smaller companies.

The drum section of the hall was so loud you could barely talk over it. While I understand the policy, no one followed it. There's a reason earplugs were handed out at the info kiosks.
The fact that this one booth got closed tells me there's a bigger story at work here.

Back