Big John is retiring

Larry

"Uncle Larry"
So here we are 4 days away from the momentous event of one special person's life, the retirement of one John Gruntersdad.

This could mean an over zealousness of moderating on the forum, so I just wanted to warn you guys. I understand he's on a mission to "clean up this joint" and the relaxed atmosphere you think this place is while you type your obscenities is a thing of the past.

John's big day is Aug 21st, but since Henri isn't here to do his organizational thing, I'll try and put together a little party/roast for John.

Supposedly John has altered his diet and has lost some major weight and is now modeling swimsuits for LL Bean.

In between moderating the forum and bare-ing his derriere to the cameras, I understand John has taken up triatheloning.

(This is where Henri superimposes G's head on a cross country runners bod...just imagine that for me)

This is all in addition to his new position working in Wal Mart as a greeter.

JK John, happy retirement man. Now that you don't have the hassle of work to deal with, I hope to match your prior stress quota with a whole bunch of forum crap...because you'll have the time to deal with it now.

:p

Anybody have some embarrassing stories about John?

If not, feel free to make some up.

Just reading your post made me happy, Larry.

Congrats, Grunter!

Happy retirement! I think you need to moderate Larry the most!

Happy retirement! I think you need to moderate Larry the most!
Well, the saying goes - "everything in moderation" so a little bit of Larry is a good thing, no matter how Larryised Larry gets ;)

John is a tour de force of the forum structure - may his structure structure diminish with reduced intake as his forum stature increases.

My very best wishes for your retirement john, & rest assured, you'll have plenty to do here keeping these forum f*%*%rs (edited just in time) in line ;) ;) ;)

(Ban hammer narrowly avoided)

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the dark side John.

Now you can have your mid-life crisis.
Now you can stay up late and go to open mic jams.
Now when your social security starts you can buy some Guru drums.
Now you can edit Larry's posts BEFORE we are forced to read them.

It's funny that Larry brings that up. Jon, Bernhard and I have just finished dividing the forum into three groups and each of us will moderate one group. Bernhard will monitor those with the lowest post counts, Jon the middle group, because of his touring, and I, because of more time will do the more frequent posters. Some think that I see things as forum rules as black and white, wrong or right, but believe me I do weigh a few factors before making any rulings. However. Had we a fourth moderator, that person would have been solely in charge of Larry and anyone from Australia. But now that I am retiring, that group will be included in my group of misfits, I mean, heavy posters and particular attention will be given to Misplaced threads, and sarcasm bordering on rudeness. I will be busy, but my salary has been doubled. Please don't tell the IRS or Social Security.

Truthfully, my time spent here will be no more than normal, and no more than necessary. This group does a very good job at policing itself and keeping a level of order that rivals The Boy Scouts. After over 50 years of school, work and the Army, it's time to chill and act like I know how to relax. I told my Doctor on my last visit, that if I had known that I would have lived this long, I would have taken better care of myself.

Larry, thanks for spending the time to humor us all and for now, peace.

One last thing. I am only modeling the thongs for LL Bean. With that vision, enjoy your next meal.

Had we a fourth moderator, that person would have been solely in charge of Larry and anyone from Australia.

Haha hilarious indeed. Enjoy your retirement, well earned no doubt.
I look forward to even more alerts of online deals.

Enjoy your retirement, well earned no doubt.

Actually, the word is that John mainly sat on his pre LL Bean thong area just as much as he could get away with, like the whole latter part of his career. He frequently slogged off his duties on fresh faced interns who just wanted to impress their senior higher ups. Funny how healthy he is now that he's retired. Well played sir!

:p

(I claim immunity under the bylaws of the Geneva Convention, when they set forth their guidelines regarding roasting)

Hopefully I fall in the middle post area. I'm hoping Bermuda is too busy with being a real drummer to notice my foul mouth.

Congrats on the retirement. May it be as glorious as I imagine it to be!

This thread seriously had me in stitches! Congrats and relax!

Just don't ask John to remove them! He's retiring from of all things hospital work. Did you plan that?

I tried retiring once, I flunked. Best of luck to you Dad!

Hey 'Dad, I'll moderate Larry and the Aussies (sounds like a band name) for you. You need to relax and PLAY more drums!!

A toast on you Dad !! Have a good time at the coast ...

You've still got four more days of work, You haven't retired YET! ;) I'll congratulate you in due time. Now get to bed, you've got work in the morning!!

You've still got four more days of work, You haven't retired YET! ;) I'll congratulate you in due time. Now get to bed, you've got work in the morning!!

This ^^^^.

And keep your thongs on and maintain a level head.
I've known people who have gone off the deep end upon retirement.
Must have been the sudden release of all that pent up repression.
(Not that it applies to you - just generally).

Good luck and good times.

Back