new Jojo Mayer / Nerve music online now!

JohnDavisNYC

NERVE MEMBER
hey there... i hope this isn't an inappropriate post, but just wanted to direct you all over to http://nerve.bandcamp.com/ where we've just released a 3 song ep! the track 'schluuedersitz' is a free download...

we also have some studio footage from the session here: http://www.vimeo.com/10048959

just thought you would like it, thanks for all the support!

on behalf of everyone in the band,
john

I love Jojo, and his Secret Weapons DVD has been a favorite of mine for years.

Is the audio in this from the mic on the camera or is it a feed from the board? I ask because his hats sound terrible. If its a small camera mic then I understand, but if that is the actual audio from pro-tools, or whatever, I am disappointed in the Sabians.

He is great as always, and very cool video.

hey there... i hope this isn't an inappropriate post, but just wanted to direct you all over to http://nerve.bandcamp.com/ where we've just released a 3 song ep! the track 'schluuedersitz' is a free download...

we also have some studio footage from the session here: http://www.vimeo.com/10048959

just thought you would like it, thanks for all the support!

on behalf of everyone in the band,
john

When are you expecting to release the full album, I didn't see any dates, other than 2010.

Last edited:
We are releasing a bunch of ep's like this over the year, with some sort of physical release at some point.

Any drums that are not in the context of the full track are just the camera sound...

John

Awessuumm!!. Jojo should get his website up to spec, so it would be easier to track what he's doing and stuff.

Thanks a lot! Appreciate the free track. Didn't care for it too much until about 3:05 when it really kicked in, and Jojo's drumming was fantastic. Why can't I have skills like that???
Haven't listened to rest yet, nor have I watched the videos, but I will be doing that very shortly. Just wanna say thanks again.

The Bassist

We are releasing a bunch of ep's like this over the year, with some sort of physical release at some point.

Any drums that are not in the context of the full track are just the camera sound...

John

Looking forward to it.....all of it.....
Love you guys..........
Tell Jojo.....dig the shades!!!!

I really love this stuff. So creative and different. That studio looks like fun too. MORE PLEASE!

Sounds amazing!

This bit is white so you can't read it

John

John,
Can we expect any video of the March shows?? Are you guys playing the new stuff live yet?? Lastly, when are you guys gonna get out to the west coast?

hey guys,

thanks for the kind words. not sure if there will be video of the shows... i'm sure there will be a bunch of cell phone videos on youtube... but i have no idea if any will be properly shot.

we'll play stuff like the new stuff live... the jungle tune was sort of something we improvised at a gig in zurich (that, ironically, we had to learn off of a youtube cell phone video) and then turned into a tune, so we'll be in the same world. we'll see...

man, we really want to hit more stuff in the states, it's just hard logistically... a west coast thing is inevitable, it just depends on lots of stuff... planetary alignment, etc...

john

hey guys,

thanks for the kind words. not sure if there will be video of the shows... i'm sure there will be a bunch of cell phone videos on youtube... but i have no idea if any will be properly shot.

we'll play stuff like the new stuff live... the jungle tune was sort of something we improvised at a gig in zurich (that, ironically, we had to learn off of a youtube cell phone video) and then turned into a tune, so we'll be in the same world. we'll see...

man, we really want to hit more stuff in the states, it's just hard logistically... a west coast thing is inevitable, it just depends on lots of stuff... planetary alignment, etc...

john

First of all, thank you for responding. Just curious, do you get a better response from Europeans, or Americans? Good luck to you guys, hope the shows go well....make the San Fran thing happen!!!

By the way, you ever tinkered with Digitech's old Whammy pedal?

That track sounds very much like later Photek - which is a compliment.

Like it alot :D
Hopefully i don't get shot down here, but the bassist and keys often play 'dubstep' sounding parts imo. Where did that originate from in the first place btw?

/e didnt even notice the tag on the webpage saying dubstep ^^

Back