Help Removing Drum Wrap

DanFo

I have a 10" Pearl Firecracker that I've been wanting to work with. I have all the hardware off other than the badge. So here's my dilemma. The wrap looks like it's another ply on the drum and is very thin to the shell.

Is there any easy way to remove the wrap, and secondly, is it possible to keep the badge while removing the wrap. I was reading a hairdryer or heat gun on the seem would do the trick but to me it would seem to warp the shell.

I might be able to get some pics posted tomorrow but for now I can't.

Thanks for the help
Dan

I wouldn't attempt what I'm saying at all, but this has been my experience... I peeled the wrap off of an old export series tom, and it was actually really. I used a knife to get under the edge, and just pulled. It came off very easily with no difficulty. I then just cut around the logo plates to keep them.

Again, this is just what happened to me, it will probably be a very different experience with you. My drum was very old so the adhesive might have been bad, or completely different.

You will be able to keep the badge, but you will have to cut the gromet. With a gromet removal tool.

Attachments

• 6a00e54f08b7be8834012875b77b5c970c-800wi.jpg
    6a00e54f08b7be8834012875b77b5c970c-800wi.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 252
Back