double pedals??

NO.
For a little more, this one looks like a decent option.
Definitely, don't buy that pedal, please :p.
But to be honest, if you're willing to spend this little on a double pedal, it's very likely you are not a very advanced player, so why not get a little better with the single pedal for now, until you can afford an at least intermediate level double pedal, and have the skills to play it?

Fox.

Absolutely not. I would never buy my gear from an unheard of company, especially not a piece of gear as important as pedals...

Look around on eBay for a set of used DW 4002s, Gibraltar Prowlers, or Tama Iron Cobra Jrs

fox: i know its cheap and i've been playing for about a yr and a half. these are double chain drive and the mapex 500 is single chain? whats better double or single?

I'd agree with these, the review in there says it is junk anyway. Read it, take the advice and don't buy it.

If you want to get into double bass playing seriously I'd say save up more and wait to get a decent pedal. In the long run you'll be saving money (cheap pedal + more expensive pedal = more expensive that the more expensive pedal only).

If you want to get into double bass playing seriously I'd say save up more and wait to get a decent pedal. In the long run you'll be saving money (cheap pedal + more expensive pedal = more expensive that the more expensive pedal only).

Bingo!

Don't waste your money being in a hurry to get a double pedal, it's just not worth it and will cause you more headaches than it's worth. Save up some more money and get a good double pedal, heck there are great deals on e-bay everyday on really good used gear. Like drumhead said in the end it will save you money.

Honestly I wouldn't get that one!

A good quality single chain DW5000 will be much better than a double chain cheap pedal where parts will break and it won't be as smooth.

fox: i know its cheap and i've been playing for about a yr and a half. these are double chain drive and the mapex 500 is single chain? whats better double or single?

There's no universal answer to that. Usually, higher-end pedals will be double-chain, but that doesn't automatically mean that all double-chain pedals are good. When it comes to hardware, you usually get what you pay for (possibly except for the ultra high-end, mega-expensive stuff, where you are paying an added premium for a name or brand).

I'm with the others here; either look for a used quality midrange pedal on eBay or get a decent quality single pedal. These cheap, unknown brands are generally not worth the box they're shipped in.

Yeah, as someone else said, in this case, that single chain pedal is most likely much better built, and could easily last for years, I'm pretty sure the dobule chain one you aimed for at first wouldn't last you mroe than a few months, even if you were careful with it.

Fox.

I own the DW single chain double pedal and have been playing it for years. These are the best for the money that I have found as they react as quickly as I do. Don't get hung up on single chain vs. double chain. They both last a long time, are very quick and DW parts are readily available. That said my favorite was the Rogers swivo-matic. That was a great pedal but there was no such thing as a double pedal back in the day.

No....not that "pedal". It will be broken soon if you get it.

I own the DW single chain double pedal and have been playing it for years. These are the best for the money that I have found as they react as quickly as I do. Don't get hung up on single chain vs. double chain. They both last a long time, are very quick and DW parts are readily available. That said my favorite was the Rogers swivo-matic. That was a great pedal but there was no such thing as a double pedal back in the day.

Someday someone will come out with a triple chain, just to get everyone thinking that maybe double isn't good enough, and everyone will start wanting the triple chain.

Someday someone will come out with a triple chain, just to get everyone thinking that maybe double isn't good enough, and everyone will start wanting the triple chain.

To be honest i'm surprised this hasn't been done by now. I use strap now anyway, gives a much smoother feel.

Back