Bonzo snare to be auctioned

Maybe it's overpriced. It seems to me to be the matching snare from his famous Amber Vistalite kit that he never used playing out on stage, because we all know he favored a Ludwig Supraphonic steel shell. That kit going for a lot I understand. The snare drum from his home he never used with it? I don't know..

Maybe it's overpriced. It seems to me to be the matching snare from his famous Amber Vistalite kit that he never used playing out on stage, because we all know he favored a Ludwig Supraphonic steel shell. That kit going for a lot I understand. The snare drum from his home he never used with it? I don't know..

Negative.The supra was never made with a steel shell.Bonzos favored snare was the LM 402,which is a ludalloy shell which is an aluminum.zinc alloy.

The supraphonic was never made with a steel shell,though there are rumors that there may be some in existance.To date,no one knowledgeable about drums has yet to actually see one,including John Aldridge,who has prpbably handled more supraphonics than any man alive.

Steve B

While I have no doubt it's a snare owned by Bonzo, it's worthless next to his LM402 IMHO.

Back