Am I being scammed?

pepo

Hello guys,

there is this guy who is offering to sell me what he claims to be a Ludwig double pedal. he sent me a picture online of it and it didn't have the brand carved on it. he claims that he has the case and everything and will show me the day he gives me the pedals for a try. but I am suspicious.

my question is does Ludwig produce pedals that doesn't have the brand carved on it?

Welcome to the forum.

Can you upload the pic? (No Ludwig expert here but the pic might help anyway.)

there it is, the image he sent me.

Attachments

• 1901844_595475243869761_240486373_n.jpg
    1901844_595475243869761_240486373_n.jpg
    163.8 KB · Views: 530
not a ludwig pedal from any year.

it could be some sort of lower line ludwig pedal but it and the kit is not sold as a ludwig (i forgot the name it goes by) even then, no one offers a dbl pedal for a begginer line of kits.

Not a lower line Ludwig either. Can't really tell just from the footboard what it might be, although my first thought was an older Tama.

Bermuda

Almost looks like a clone of an older model Pearl pedal. But no, not a Ludwig.

The indentation on the footboard looks like it might have had a Pearl logo there, good call alparrott!

Doesn't look like it's in great shape though, I would avoid it just on principle for being an older pedal and probably having the fit and smoothness problems older pedals do.

Bermuda

Definitely looks like a Pearl.

In addition to what Bermuda said, I'd avoid it primarily because it looks like the slave linkage is completely severed just to the left of center and only held together by that tape.

For 10dollars your not being scammed, anything more than that, yes. how much is he asking?

It appears to have a quick-release hoop clamp. Yamaha puts these on some of their pedals. I could not find this pedal anywhere, but the angles of the cuts in the foot board could be Yamaha, or a copy of a Yamaha. I don't think it is Pearl. I have been a Pearl user since 92, and don't recognize it as a Pearl product. I don't think Pearl ever had a quick-release hoop clamp either.

Something makes me think this pedal is a cob-job. The top part of the spring assembly looks newer, and the driveshaft has some type of screw in the cv joint.

Yeah, I didn't say it *was* a Pearl -- just that it looked a copy. The footboard grip pattern is not Pearl, and as MIP pointed out, Pearl pedals of the type that is being copied didn't have QR hoop clamps. Additionally, the upright frames on the pedals probably would have been black with a late 80's/early 90's Pearl double-chain pedal.

I think it's worth a good laugh and a stick of gum and aught else.

In the "Show Us You Tiny Kit" thread, this exact pedal, in single form, is on the tiny kit posted by Doom, post #255. Perhaps he can tell us what this is exactly.

It does look like it might be a Pearl copy or something, mainly because of that "swoosh" pattern on the footboard- looks similar to the swoosh that's on the Eliminator PowerShifter as well as many of their lower lines before they made the footboards resemble the Demon Drive footboard last year.
P-2002C2.jpg

Looks like a pedal I just received with a ddrum kit.

Someone indicated that it might be a stagg though.

Back