Zach Hill monster shuffle!

That music sounds like it is played backwards to me. What shuffle?

I listened more than once to several songs and heard no shuffle and wasn't quite sure what electronic recording gimmicks were used.

What on earth is that? Not a sign of a shuffle there, let alone a monster shuffle.

yeah I don't get it.. probably a much better drummer than me but that music is tough to follow.

I agree, it's not really a shuffle.
I posted that as soon as I heard it, and that was the first word that popped into my head.
I apologize to all you classic rock guys, I should have posted an almighty Bonham video instead.
Geeze, lighten up and get into the avant garde for a while.

That guy always puts a smile on my face.

I agree, it's not really a shuffle.
I posted that as soon as I heard it, and that was the first word that popped into my head.
I apologize to all you classic rock guys, I should have posted an almighty Bonham video instead.
Geeze, lighten up and get into the avant garde for a while.

Ahhh the retort of someone who doesn't like it when someone else doesn't like the same music.

Hey it may be your thing but it's not something the masses are going to take to. Has absolutely nothing to do about classic rock or Bonham it's got to do with taste and style.

yep and honestly just sounded like noise to me.

The stuff Zach Hill makes does require an open-minded approach, but can be very satisfying to listen to. He's a uniquely gifted player and is well worth giving a chance. I'd recommend the stuff he's done with Hella, particularly the Hold Your Horse Is album.

The stuff Zach Hill makes does require an open-minded approach, but can be very satisfying to listen to. He's a uniquely gifted player and is well worth giving a chance. I'd recommend the stuff he's done with Hella, particularly the Hold Your Horse Is album.

I'd also recommend his work in El Grupo Nuevo de Omar Rodriguez -Lopez, an album called Cryptomnesia. There's a tune on there called "Half Kleptos" which has such a groove that I always just stop and imagine it being played. The bass drum work on it has this galloping sound to it that just shocks the hell out of me.

Back