What do you do with broken sticks?

yjb63

I'm not sure if this has been asked yet and if so I'm sorry.

What do you do with your broken sticks?

I have a jar that I put the tips in just to watch them pile up over the ages. An I just save the stick thats not broken, if I break another pair of those, I still have two playable sticks.

A few years ago I did a report and trifold board about buddy rich. I took broken sticks and glued em onn there.

Other than that one rare occasion, I throw them out.

i havent broken a stick, but ill probably keep them for memories.
sounds lame but whatever.

i havent broken a stick, but ill probably keep them for memories.
sounds lame but whatever.

seriously? how long have you been playing?

At my school, we have a big bucket filled with all the sticks we've broken on drumline just for the memories over the past two years lol.

You could always use them for firewood, or sell them on ebay. I heard a dude sold an old peice of toast for 10$ on there.

Throw them away....it's simple. No environmental side effects (for those who are concerned) either. I don't really break sticks, but if a stick gets worn out to the point it's unusable, throw it away. The bad thing about keeping the unbroken one is that it probably won't match any other of the same kind pitch-wise.

I haven't broken a stick for many years... The last one got thrown away and its mate sits in my aux percussion bag for cowbells, blocks, etc.

My old high school had a "Wall of Fame"... all broken sticks/mallets/heads would be somehow affixed to this wall. Every couple of years, when the wall would fill up, they'd tear all the stuff off of it and start over. After we moved, my new high school had a similar tradition- we'd stuff broken sticks down the air vent (along with any trash that found its way back there). Ah, the memories...

Seriously, though, I've got a box in my storage room that's full of broken sticks from me (before I discovered Japan Oak sticks) and the many drummers I've played with over the years.

Back