Ludwig Stainless Steel

Mdrummer

Hi, some guy want to sell me this drums for about 800 euros, wich is about 1100$
What do you think about this drums and that price?
Thnx!

Attachments

• Ludwig1.jpg
    Ludwig1.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 3,346
  • ludwig2.jpg
    ludwig2.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 2,567
  • ludwig3.jpg
    ludwig3.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 2,729
  • ludwig4.jpg
    ludwig4.jpg
    158.7 KB · Views: 2,556
  • ludwig5.jpg
    ludwig5.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 2,428
Ide say HA! and then hang up.. but honestly I take some more time and find something of higher quality for that price, Is there a particular reason you would want that set? you want the steel shells? is it because its vintage? If its because its vintage ide suggest taking a look arround, theres tons of awesome MINT sets for about 1,100. If not look into something modern such as a Sonor force 3005 or Gretsch or Mapex Pro

Who cares if it's steel, those drums are a load of crap. Possibly the worst condition drums I've ever seen. Probably only worth 100 euros. Strong words yes, wrong words maybe, but it's what i think

There are some guys who know a couple things more than me about Ludwigs on this forum but judging from those "Rockers" reso heads, I'd pass up on that deal. I highly doubt that this particular set sold for that much when it was first bought. Even with cymbals and hardware, the set is just not worth it. Listen to JayP's recommendations, there are some great deals you can get with 1 grand american, secondhand or even new.

OK, I dunno. Over 4 grand for a Bonham reissue, these are obviously different sizes w/ a dif snare. They're more rare than other kits but it's all in what you want. You stuff to resell or to work on and play?

Last edited:
Thanks people, I'm not an expert in Ludwig or any other vintage drums, and I'm not going to buy these drums becouse I already have 2 great Tama sets.
I just want to hear from you Ludwig experts your opinions,
and yes, this guy named this drums Ludwig Rocker Stainless Steel

WOW! I don´t believe you guys!!!!!!

This a Ludwig stainless steel kit. What you are looking at is a gem, a collectors item in fact. A 70´s kit with the blue/olive badges. These are the same drums as Bonham used on his last tour. For 800 euros I´d be all over it. It actually doesn´t look bad; yes the heads are crap, it´s dirty, the bass drum hoops need to be repainted but everything seems in working order. And you can polish those shells to a nice shine in fact. Dude, if you pass this kit you´ll be biting your nails off in 10 years from now, when you realise what you can sell them for. There are other drum forums with knowlegable drummers who can help you out here, but especially in Europe; these drums are super rare.

And no, I´m not kidding.

This a Ludwig stainless steel kit. What you are looking at is a gem, a collectors item in fact. A 70´s kit with the blue/olive badges. These are the same drums as Bonham used on his last tour. For 800 euros I´d be all over it. It actually doesn´t look bad; yes the heads are crap, it´s dirty, the bass drum hoops need to be repainted but everything seems in working order. And you can polish those shells to a nice shine in fact. Dude, if you pass this kit you´ll be biting your nails off in 10 years from now, when you realise what you can sell them for. There are other drum forums with knowlegable drummers who can help you out here, but especially in Europe; these drums are super rare.

And no, I´m not kidding.

...who are you, the dude selling it?

Well, I'm no historian so I won't get into this. I'll just leave it to LVDC and the like.

These are the same drums as Bonham used on his last tour

Ehh, not exactly. And the Rocker heads are just that, the heads. The Rocker drums had them but this stainless is no Rocker.

And no, I´m not kidding.

Thanks TomTom, I see that you are a real expert,
I don't have money right now, so I can't buy them now, but if he don't sell them maybe I will consider about buying them.
Could you tell me by the pictures what size is bass drum, the guy tell me that is 26" but to me it looks more like 22" or 24"

I don't have money right now, so I can't buy them now, but if he don't sell them maybe I will consider about buying them.
Could you tell me by the pictures what size is bass drum, the guy tell me that is 26" but to me it looks more like 22" or 24"

Well this is akward, I just said that I'm no expert but please tell the guy that you'll think about it and call him back or something. As T.Underhill said Bonham did NOT use them on his last tour, for sure, it'd be 1 rack 2 floor anyways. But my point is if you want to be smart save the money, you'll thank me.

There are too many reasons that say "this is not the kit for you" anyway. The taped heads, the overall disshevelled look of the kit, heck, the floor tom batter is a Yamaha head! You don't know what this guy is selling, that enough should say you that you should think twice.

I´m not sure of the sizes, but I´m guessing, 22-12-13-16. And T Underhill: yes those are not the same sizes as Bonham used but they are the same kind of drums.

LOL I love people that just see the heads, etc and think the drums are crap. Just because the guy can't take care of his equipment does not mean they are worthless. Stainless steel shelled drums are very hard to come by and like tomtom already told you, it's an awesome deal. Congrats on a very cool find!

This just goes to show you:

If you don't know what you are talking about, don't encourage or discourage purchases

This is mostly for vintage drums, and unless you know enough about the kit (in this case ludwig) in question, then don't try to talk out your ass and judge by something silly as the reso heads or some dirt collected on the kit!

You go for that deal whenever you can, not only will they be worth alot eventually, they sound great.

When LVDC sees this, he can give you all the information you need about it. He is the official Ludwig guru of this forum.

Last edited:
Yea... anyone that knew what they were talking about would have noticed the blue/olive badging, etc and immediately been interested in it.

Back