Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: INTRODUCTIONS - Please use this thread to introduce yourself

real name? My real name is my own buisness. No hard feelings ;D
age? 16
how long been playing? about 2 years.
origin of user name? I used to play warhammer 40k as Tau and for some stupid reason they can't have titans...
top 5 drummers? .... Still working on that.
make of drumkit? Wish I knew its kinda old >.<
make of cymbal? Anything but Zildjian is cool.
where do you practice? My room.
are you in a band/s? Not yet but I hope to change that this summer.
covers or originals? None yet
what style of music? Funk, Hard Rock
favourite take out food? I don't have a favorit food.
country? Good Old USA
one really odd fact about yourself? Its not odd but you will have to get used to it... I have really bad spelling.
how did you start drumming? My older bro plays and I've just liked it forever.

Hey everyone.

Hi, my name is Adam and i am 14. I have been playing drums for a few months now and i have a new Ludwig Element drum set. Although i bought Zildjian Cymbals instead of getting the cymbals that came with the element (which i don't even remember the brand name)
Anyways, i am gonna take drum lessons hopefully in about two weeks, and i hope to learn some stuff on here as well. Nice to be here, ~Adam

Re: Hey everyone.

Welcome! This is a great site.

Hello. :)

Well, to begin with I'll put it out there. I'm quite young. 14 to be exact. I've been drumming for going on 3 years now. My father was a drummer from the 50's to 90's whereupon he got cancer and is even now battling it. I gained his drum kit and in an effort to honor his legacy began learning drums by ear watching live concerts of the midnight special paying attention to the drummers and their setups. Now I've evolved into as my name presents all styles of music. I enjoy everything from Jazz and Blues, to Metal and Avant Garde. I feel that a musician who limits his styles is not truly a musician, he is merely a tool in a band. My musical influences range heavily from John Bonham and Terry Bozzio, to Chris Adler and The Rev, I enjoy watching each drummers individual styles and technicallity. Well, I think thats enough for now. I enjoy coming here to DrummerWorld and hope to stay for my life.

Re: Hello. :)

Welcome to Drummerworld. I can't remember much of "what being 14 was", but my mom's 91, and dying of colon cancer (for the last year, now), so I do know what that's about. Hang tuff.​
John Bonham, eh. I kinda like him, myself.​

Attachments

• phpoTma3GAM.jpg
    phpoTma3GAM.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 753
  • php6oXywIAM.jpg
    php6oXywIAM.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 850

Welcome young man...Drums for me are not only a way to put money in my pocket,but are a great at getting rid of stress from everyday issues.Hope your dad is ok and enjoy him while you can...This life goes by really fast!!!!!

Welcome to Drummerworld. I can't remember much of "what being 14 was", but my mom's 91, and dying of colon cancer (for the last year, now), so I do know what that's about. Hang tuff.​
John Bonham, eh. I kinda like him, myself.​

Haha, being 14 is...indefinable. Either way your kit is beautiful. http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63355
That's mine and if you'd please ignore the venue. xD I had them set up in my room for a quick sound check before I head to a friends house this weekend for some covers/orginals/improvs.

Haha, being 14 is...indefinable. Either way your kit is beautiful.

Thanx. I left a comment on your "Sonor" thread. Sweet kit.​
I see you're into Avant Garde. I'm a big John Zorn fan, myself. It was Will Calhoun and Jungle Funk (2000) that really pulled me into the "dark side". He was playing Sonor back then. And a first generation Korg Wave Drum.​
That led me to getting a Roland SPD-S, and a Electro-Harmonix loop station, to add to my "acoustic" kit.​
Which led to a vintage Tama TS305 6 channel analog/synthesizer e-drum kit. More e-drum pads and modules followed.​
Finally, the Mothership landed, in the form of a current generation Korg Wave Drum and a vintage RMI 368X Electra-Piano. That all lives on the "other side" of my jam room.​
Rock, Ambient, Jazz, Avant Garde, it's all good.​

real name? Johnny D'Silva
age? 20
how long been playing? 4 years
origin of user name? blink 182 song
top 5 drummers? benny greb, jojo mayer, steve smith, thomas pridgen, thomas lang
make of drumkit? tama
make of cymbal? sabian and zildjian
where do you practice? wherever i can
are you in a band/s? yes, we're a new melodic hardcore sound from Richmond. check us out! (http://remain.bandcamp.com/)
covers or originals? originals
what style of music? Melodic hardcore/90s emo
favourite take out food? chinese
country? USA
one really odd fact about yourself? i wet my pants when i was a baby
how did you start drumming? Dave Grohl

real name? Sandrine
age? 38
how long been playing? almost 4 years
origin of user name? friends !?!
top 5 drummers? Lars Ulrich, John Bonham, Chad Smith, Phil Rudd, André Ceccarelli
make of drumkit? Pearl
make of cymbal? Paiste, Pearl
where do you practice? at home
are you in a band/s? No
covers or originals?
what style of music? punk and metal, but not good enough
favourite take out food? sushi
country? France
one really odd fact about yourself? don't know
how did you start drumming? an old dream

Introduction

1. Real Name? Chris Mullally

2. Age? 16

3. How long been playing? Nearly 3 Years

4. Origin of user name? Just an online alias

5. Top 5 drummers? Gadd, Purdie, Moore, Turncrantz, Dailor

6. Maker of drumkit? Right now Sonor 505's, soon to be Gretsch Catalina Ash

7. Maker of cymbal? Meinl Byzance

8. Where do you practice? Home, School, Studios

9. Are you in a band? No

10. Covers or originals? Neither

11. What style of music? All sorts: Blues, Jazz, Latin, Rock, Funk, Metal

12. Favorite take out food? Pizza Hut

13. Country? UK

14. One really odd fact about yourself? I have an Iron OCD

15. Bio: I'm only young so there's not much to say. I moved around a bit, lived in Ireland for a stretch, but I'm back here in England now, not staying too long though. I might move to Canada, maybe the US, not sure yet, education comes first.

15. How did you start drumming? I remember I used to take Accordion lessons at this music school and there's this old beat up remo vintage kit there too (bright yellow) and they have these band sessions just as I'm leaving, but I'd always stay and watch the drummer and see what he was doing. I think he inspired me the most, but sadly I can't remember his name.

real name? Marshall
age? 46
how long been playing? 36 years
origin of user name? initials
top 5 drummers? weckl, ronnie tutt, larrie london, steve jordon, kenny aronoff
make of drumkit? gretsch
make of cymbal? paiste
where do you practice? play out twice a week
are you in a band/s? yes
covers or originals? both
what style of music? rock, r&b, country, gospel
favourite take out food? pizza
country? USA
one really odd fact about yourself? I've played drums every week for at least 25 years
how did you start drumming? as a kid in church with my Dad

Re: Greetings to all (a Drummer from Greece)

Hi Babis,

a huge welcome to the forum. I'm just listening to your stuff right now, it sounds superb! Just a tiny point, you've posted this in the wrong section. Go to "your place" where you can introduce yourself & post your playing. It's an easy mistake to make if you're new here and English isn't your first language. Anyhow, I'll keep listening (taking some time to load) & get back to you.

are you in a band/s? yes, we're a new melodic hardcore sound from Richmond. check us out! (http://remain.bandcamp.com/)

You guys are pretty good. Your music reminds me of those bands you'd hear on some early Tony Hawk's skateboarding games. Good music :) Also, you say you're from Richmond. Would that be Richmond, Virginia?

As for me..

real name? Garin
age? 14
how long been playing? 5 years
origin of user name? I have no idea. The "garin" part is obvious but I don't know where the 480 came from
top 5 drummers? Jimmy Sullivan, Chris Adler, Dave Campbell, Nicko McBrain, not sure on my 5th choice
make of drumkit? Performance Percussion
make of cymbal? Same as above
where do you practice? My kit is in a state of "needs-repairing" at the moment, so I play at my friends' band practice location most of the time
are you in a band/s? Not anymore. However here's a song I played with my old band (despite what it says in the credits, it is me on the drums (the credited drummer is the drummer today) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jU30AuLDBgY)
covers or originals? both
what style of music? My preferred style is alternative metal
favourite take out food? Chinese
country? USA
one really odd fact about yourself? I can play the recorder through my nose?
how did you start drumming? Received lessons in primary (elementary) school to audition for a brass band

Hello

Hello, new guy here, I'm from Chicago and play in a local classic rock cover band. I just wanted to make myself known to all. I'm a vintage drum nut, so please excuse my biased towards anything over 20 years old, like me. Nice to be here, hope to make new friends. Thanks.

real name- Bev
age- 17
how long been playing- A bit over 4 years
origin of user name- I'm a girl. I drum. I wasn't feeling so creative...
top 5 drummers- (changes constantly)
Not sure, but Dave Grohl is my numero uno.
make of drumkit- Pearl
make of cymbal- Sabian and some shitty cheap other make I can't recall the name of.
where do you practice - Spare room in my house
are you in a band/s- Yes! The Valentinos, check us out
Originals- Yesyes.
what style of music- Punk, grunge, funk, reggae, rock, bitta everything!
Favorite take out food- meh.
Country- Ireland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back