Decorating drum set.

If you have the time ....
I had a Pearl Export kit in gloss black wrap. I stripped off all of the hardware. My local craft store had gold glitter in spray cans. I sprayed the shells in a fairly light coat of glitter - you could still see the black underneath. I then sprayed about 4-5 coats of clear laquer over that. Disassembly, spraying, drying between all coats, reassembly, tuning for a 6-piece kit took me about a week as I recall. It turned out great, I got tons of compliments, and I felt like I was playing a new kit!

I have a goose neck stand where I hang a stuffed animal from a rope.

buy glitter tape, take your lugs off, put two racing stripes of glitter tape in line with the lugs and then put them back on.
paper-glitter-tape5-8-540.jpg

this willbe the effect;
prod_SA_white_bluegl_revohoops.jpg

This is a good post for those who are having some issues about decorating their drums. Anyway I am using glitter tapes as well. It is durable even. Also they are not much expensive. Now days there are tapes in different colors and as well as designs. For my personal drum I am suing multi color ribbons and for my school drum I am using some blue tapes, which symbolize my school colors.

Back