Is this a good idea?

Wick

So I want to sell a pair of hi-hats, and a pedal that I bought a little ago. And I wan't to buy a snare drum, a new pair of hi-hats, and a new pedal. I have everything involving money worked out, so that's not an issue. But I'm being advised not to because "I'm never going to be satisfied."

What do you think?

What hats and what pedal are you selling?

What hats, what pedal and what snare are you buying?

Wouldn't have a clue. I don't know you. You tell me, are you ever gonna be satisfied? :)

Are you not going to be satisfied with the particular models you're thinking of buying, or just in general? It's one thing to upgrade/switch your gear. It's another thing to have G.A.S. If you haven't already started down the endless dark path of gear accumulation, then I'd advise you to not start. Seriously.

So I want to sell a pair of hi-hats, and a pedal that I bought a little ago.
So far, so good ...​
And I wan't to buy a snare drum, a new pair of hi-hats, and a new pedal.
Sounds like a totally do-able plan ...​
I have everything involving money worked out, so that's not an issue.
Very cool, because the last thing we need, on this forum, at this time, is "another" person with an issue ...​
But I'm being advised not to because "I'm never going to be satisfied."
This person "advising" you, are they bigger than you? Or do they outnumber you? If the answer is "yes" to either, or both questions ... perhaps you should consider their input .... 'lest they do physical damage to your body ....​
On the other hand, if the answer is "no", be polite, thank they for their thoughtful input, and then go about doing what you want to do. You are in control of your own happiness ....​

What do you think?
I think I'm getting hungry....​

Only if you don't plan to have another spare or "gig" kit. I upgraded my hat stand once and now I need a second one along with a few other hardware pieces to complete my second kit. If you don't plan on having more than one kit in the future then I think you should go ahead and upgrade.

Well, you're already selling the stuff you dont like to buy new stuff, so it's not like you're hoarding gear or anything.

Just go for it and be happy, bro.

Selling: A Custom projection hats, Tama Iron Cobra power glide

Buying: Newbeats, Tama Iron Cobra flexi glide, and Supraphonic.

I don't really like the projection hats too much, and the power glide isn't really my style.

My opinion is if you like something significantly better after trying it it's worth it. Especially since you have the dough. I had a hard time explaining so many cymbal purchases to my wife, but I told her my cheaper hats were like playing a piano that's always out of tune.

Buying: Newbeats, Tama Iron Cobra flexi glide, and Supraphonic.
If you haven't tried these out in person yet, then don't do it.

If you have tried these out in person and like them better, still don't do it. Well, maybe...

Seriously, though, I'd highly recommend being very careful about the choice you make. Over the past year, I made some really stupid decisions that involve selling and buying something else. Trust me, I know what it's like to want something different from what you have now, but I also know what it's like to make the transaction and be just as dissatisfied, whether immediately after or later down the road.

With that said, I really want to sell my AAX hats for some Vault hats.

Back