Windows Movie Maker frustration.

A thunder of Coxy

Hey guys,

I'm having problems and having a lot of frustration with the Movie Maker progamme. I am trying to finish an application for a music university which must include a drum cover.
I have recorded myself with a device with the audio and video together. I've uploaded this along with the cover track and aligned the cover track rather well with my playing. Once I save the file and then open it in Media player for example the video and separate audio track goes out of sync.
I've read that a converter can help but to be honest I am at a loss on how this works. If anyone has any advice or has had the same problem and has found a solution I would greatly appreciate it as the deadline is looming.

Thanks a lot,

Callum

When you are in movie maker, did you export the video or are you trying to play the movie maker file in media player? I've used movie maker in the past and once your editing is done you need to export the finished project. This will combine all your edits and make it one completely new video to play where ever.

Yep sounds like the export step may not have taken place.

I have the same issue - now I mix the audio on Audacity (which is free) and then sync it with the video on Movie Maker (with video volume muted). That way if it goes out of sync it isn't anywhere near as noticeable and it won't affect the sound.

Use Reaper!!
It works amazing well for syncing video
Even though it's a DAW!!!

Been using it for years now.
Love it.

It's ALMOST free too.

Reaper.fm

Back