Need advice on my first purchase!

crusader102

Hi all,

I'm moving into a house in a month which means I'm gonna be able to buy a drumset at last. I've played drums in the past so I'm not really a beginner. I would like you to tell me what you think about the following :

I found a guy selling a Roland TD-10 for 1400$ nearby my home. Is this drum good, and is it worth it for the price? It's the basic kit with nothing added to it, so I will need to buy a double pedal. I will also need some headphones to go with it.

With a budget of 600$ for both the headphones and the double pedal, what would you recommend?

Thank you very much for your advice!

With $1400 you can get you a pretty great roland kit brand-new with a warranty. The TD 10 is a generation old and that is a pretty price for old tech.

With $1400 you can get you a pretty great roland kit brand-new with a warranty. The TD 10 is a generation old and that is a pretty price for old tech.
+1 to this (based on the limited info provided).
I bought a used TD10 kit for $2500 but this was back in 2008 and in Australia (where we have to factor in ridiculous freight fees into everything).
The module is OK but as sjshooter says above, it's fairly old tech these days.
How many and what type of pads/ cymbals are you getting with this purchase (and is the MDS-10 rack included)?

Hi all,

I'm moving into a house in a month which means I'm gonna be able to buy a drumset at last. I've played drums in the past so I'm not really a beginner. I would like you to tell me what you think about the following :

I found a guy selling a Roland TD-10 for 1400$ nearby my home. Is this drum good, and is it worth it for the price? It's the basic kit with nothing added to it, so I will need to buy a double pedal. I will also need some headphones to go with it.

With a budget of 600$ for both the headphones and the double pedal, what would you recommend?

Thank you very much for your advice!
I wouldn't buy a td10 for 1400. Its 2 generations old now.

Honestly, depending on where you are and what you want to be doing...I might get a used TD-3/4 for about 500 (get you playing now), and then save save save and buy a used td-20 next year.

Maybe if you can get the TD10 for 1k...

Back