question for all drummers

thanks for your replies people.

in my case.. it like.. no support from anyone.!

i am a 18 yrs old kid. been drumming since 2 years... last year i bought a beginner swingstars for myself.

but its like.. no one.! neither my parents.. nor my subordinates.. nor the people around me are supportive in any sense

about my parents.. they neither take interest in supporting me.. rather force me emotionally to quit drumming and get indulged in long term terrible academics.

around me... they are not bothered by the noise pollution.. because never the less .. its always going around in my locality for some or the other reason.. but they are more bothered by THE KIND OF INSTRUMENT thats making the noise.

ive been too much burdened by academics... i have got only drummin in my life.. no other things i feel i find pleasure in. being a teenager.. the last movie i watched in theaters was 2 and half years back.

how to come out of this depression.!!

Get tabla and play them in places that you cant play your kit; the woods, by the river, by the lake, in the park, on the street corner, in your flat... anywhere that you please!

You might also ask your higher power for guidance. Life can be very frustrating at any age, but especially so at yours, and The Infinite One is always at your side if you want them there. You might also simply go meet some new friends of the nearly 1,000,000,000 that live near you. There is no excuse for you not having friends considering how populated your country is. A life with no friends is no life at all so find some. Everyone loves a drummer so go out and show people that you play drums and I guarantee that you will find new friends...

Love.

Back