John Bonham

Re: John Bonham sound clips....never before heard by most people

Yes,please. Post more I have lost my Bonham clips.

Re: JOHN BONHAM SOUND CLIPS....NEVER BEFORE HEARD BY MOST PEOPLE!!!!!!!!

Bonzo91 said:
Heres some other outtakes i stumbled over check em out...the weird thing is ledzeppelin.org is not a real website so how that works is a mystery lol.
http://www.led-zeppelin.org/multimedia/studioouttakes.htm

ya i just came on here to post that website because i didnt know if u were going to because i knew it had to be posted....so much great stuff on there!

HERE ARE 4 MORE OF THESE RARE CLIPS!!!

thanks bonzo91 again!

enjoy!

JB_US_NP_ca_1978-04.jpg

JB_US_NP_ca_1975-01.jpg

Attachments

• All of my love drum outake.mp3
    2.4 MB · Views: 753
  • BonhamFile6.mp3
    461.3 KB · Views: 695
  • BonhamFile7.mp3
    605 KB · Views: 689
  • BonhamFile8.mp3
    1.3 MB · Views: 712

There are 22 snips from various studio sessions that have been floating around for years now. I received mine on a CD from a high profile drummer several years ago.

As poignant as they may be, there is actually another set of recordings known as "In Through the Outtakes" that I have on vinyl. It's more focused on time signatures / composition than straight studio takes. Imagine hearing Page explaining to Bonham how he should turn the beat around...hearing Bonham learning how to be the Bonham we know and love. Amazing stuff.

ya that sites been around for a long time, i have all of them on cd. There truely amazing

1) you haven't seen Bonzo live
2) you haven't seen Jojo Mayer live ;-)
so you can't really compare them

. . . . . .what does this have to with anything? haha thats like saying ummm you cant say that Neil Peart is a good drummer because you havent seen him live, all you ahve heard is his crappy studio work. . . . . ? and yes i havent seen bonham or jo jo mayer in person, but i have many live DVD's of both, and have all of bonhams studio work. Dont tell me that im idolizing him to much, bonham IMO is the greatest rock drummer of all time. Your comparison with the hands is totally irrelevant seeing as that in most cases drummers dont do rolls or fills with one hand. And when they do, like dennis chambers, people including myself find it amazing that they could do that with just one hand. Hearing tracks like Good Times, Bad Times im amazed, along with tons of other people that he could do that with just one foot.

Bonham to the moon said:
. . . . . .what does this have to with anything? haha thats like saying ummm you cant say that Neil Peart is a good drummer because you havent seen him live, all you ahve heard is his crappy studio work. . . . . ? and yes i havent seen bonham or jo jo mayer in person, but i have many live DVD's of both, and have all of bonhams studio work. Dont tell me that im idolizing him to much, bonham IMO is the greatest rock drummer of all time. Your comparison with the hands is totally irrelevant seeing as that in most cases drummers dont do rolls or fills with one hand. And when they do, like dennis chambers, people including myself find it amazing that they could do that with just one hand. Hearing tracks like Good Times, Bad Times im amazed, along with tons of other people that he could do that with just one foot.
What does it have to do with anything? I just corrected the thing you sayed about Bonham's and Jojo's bass drum speed. I haven't seen Bonzo live, but I have seen Jojo's bass drum technique from 2 feet distance. I have a video on my hdd where Jojo plays triplets @ about 180 bpm, could Bonham keep up with him? No way!
It really doesn't have anything to do with Bonham being a supeb drummer.

Bonham was all about awsome groove, thunderous sound and innovatice licks, technique wasn't his thing.

''Your comparison with the hands is totally irrelevant seeing as that in most cases drummers dont do rolls or fills with one hand.''
I never sayed anything about hand speed. That thing about Buddy and mangini was just speaking in similarities

And really, ''good times bad times'' is not THAT fast!

Last edited:
Bonham to the moon said:
you cant say that Neil Peart is a good drummer because you havent seen him live, all you ahve heard is his crappy studio work. . . . . ? and yes i havent seen bonham or jo jo mayer in person, but i have many live DVD's of both, and have all of bonhams studio work. .
some more things:
1) why do you think Neil Peart's studio work is crappy? :D
2) ''many live dvd's of both'' ?! ok, everything's clear about Bonham, but Jojo? The only dvd which as much as I know is out there with him is the Modern drummer festival 2005! Please tell me what other records do you have!

some more things:
1) why do you think Neil Peart's studio work is crappy? :D
2) ''many live dvd's of both'' ?! ok, everything's clear about Bonham, but Jojo? The only dvd which as much as I know is out there with him is the Modern drummer festival 2005! Please tell me what other records do you have!

i was being sarcastic about peart. and i have that modern drummer DVD that he demonstrates his heel toe technique, and some of his studio work.

drummerstix_au said:
How the hell could anyone say Bonzo was a crap drummer!!!!

Thats like saying you dont beleive in GOD!!!!

No it isn't. Objectively speaking, Bonham definately wasn't a crap drummer. The other thing is a bit less cut and dried.

i don't think he can ever be called a bad drummer in seriousness. he's excellent for sure, but after that it's opinion. i tend not to see him as the god-like drummer a lot of other people do, but it's because of my drumming tastes. he was incredible, no doubt about it.

a_rock drummer said:
here are some drummers that would crush john bonham.

Neil peart

alex van halen

keith moon.

these 3 drummers here are all around drummers,
john bonham was not a all around drummer

The truth is that those drummers you mentioned including Bonham are above and beyond the childlessness of trying to crush each other. What made them all great drummers is the fact that they always tried to play better for themselves and their bands. There is no "best" drummer or "best" cymbal or "best" drums. But there is the "best" as far as a person's taste goes. So if you have a "best" drummer, great for you, that does not mean they are really the "best" for everyone.

We should respect others opinion on who and what they admire and idolize. I for one do see Bonham as a drum god and I'm an agnostic.

Now if you were talking about a competition between the 4 drummers you mentioned, then you would have to ask them all to play the same exact stuff on the same exact equipment. In that case they would probably all pass the test. If you would ask the 4 to play each others stuff, on their own equipment, then each would be "better" on their own stuff.

Just to add to the above, could anyone picture Buddy Rich trying to play Neil Peart's solos, and then calling Buddy less of a drummer, and Neil the "BEST".

And then have Neil play "Driven to Tears" by Stewart Copeland, then stating that Stewart could "crush" them all!

He's definetley the best rock drummer ever. But in jazz and swing Buddy Rich was the master. Imagine Buddy Rich v. John Bonham in a drum battle. HAHA who do you think would have won?

osamasgoat5467 said:
Imagine Buddy Rich v. John Bonham in a drum battle. HAHA who do you think would have won?

The one who didn't let their Ego get the best of them. I'd say Bonham.

Bonhamt To The Moon What cd do you have what is it called?

i didnt buy it in a store, i burned a copy from the site with all of em on there.

I had found a website that was the jackpot for zeppelin out takes and live shows. I don't know how I ever found it, but I'll try to find it again. Any Zeppelin fan would wet themselves there was so much stuff!

I'll see if I can find it, I may not be able to though, I know I have a link to it on my other computer, but it's 3 hours away, so it may take a week or so. Patience friends!

Back