BEST headphones for DRUMMING!?

I havn't tried too many of those, but if I need less isolation I go with DT100's, if I need more isolation I have a set of Koss Pro4A (from the late 60s!) And those things block sound like you would not believe.

in my opinion it is easiest just to get some shure se215 in ear monitors. They block lots of sound and are good quality
What more do people want from headphones for drumming???

I havn't tried too many of those, but if I need less isolation I go with DT100's, if I need more isolation I have a set of Koss Pro4A (from the late 60s!) And those things block sound like you would not believe.

I like the sound on the old Koss Pro 4 A headphones, but they're a bit on the weighty side in my opinion.

Dennis

For the money I can't say enough about my Shure se215's. In ear style, so they isolate well.

Not for everyone but they work for me!

I just ordered a set of these after reading so many good things about them on here(search function TYVM!).
I typically hate earbuds, and prefer headphones, so I'm hoping I can actually get these to fit well, and stay in place.
$100 gamble.

I love my Audio Technica ATH-M50s. Thats all i have to say about that. They sound great and are super comfortable. They are amazing when used with my Roland kit. It makes my $600 Roland KC550 sound like absolute garbage, Literally. They are also good when used for tracking or practicing with my acoustic kit. I got them since they were so highly recommended. I was not disappointed at all.

I'm currently using Ultrasone PRO 550. Unless your room is too small, they're great IMO.

I'll add the Sennheiser hd380 to the list. Same isolation as the hd280 but with smoother sound.

I use the Vic Firth ones. The first set lost audio in the left side after about 8 months. I bought another set. The design of the Extreme Isolation ones (129.99) make me a little nervous because the seem like they are designed to break. Totally modular doesn't instill confidence with me. Vic Firth ones ran me around 60.

I love my Audio Technica ATH-M50s. Thats all i have to say about that. They sound great and are super comfortable. They are amazing when used with my Roland kit. It makes my $600 Roland KC550 sound like absolute garbage, Literally. They are also good when used for tracking or practicing with my acoustic kit. I got them since they were so highly recommended. I was not disappointed at all.

I agree, but I have a more modern Audio Technica ATH E70. That's a very neat pair of headphones I ever had, I'm using it for both tracking and practicing. I also own a pair of Shure SE215 as a backup. Though I would also suggest this comparison of the best headphones for drummers to check because I don't know what additional features you need exactly.

I love my ultimate ears. I have the UE5's. best headphones I have ever used hands down. Drumming or otherwise. Great isolation, great sound. The only downside is the price. If budget is your concern look into the UE4's or other custom mold IEMS...

I used to do the gun range muff earbuds. It works, but the sound isn't as good, and my ears would get hot. Plus wearing big cans looks funny at gigs. With customs you can leave em in with the music off as hearing protection too.

You only have 1 set of ears. It's worth an investment.

The Vic's sound ok until you get something that sounds GREAT, then you realize they have next to no low end. They DO however do a good job isolating. I had a pair for a while and they worked just fine, but using some Ultimate Ear UE5's has been a total game changer for me. I don't like cans as my ears get really hot. Custom molds can be worn for an entire day in the studio and feel great. The sound is night and day as well. I want to hear that low end, and even those frequency's you feel more than hear.

Back