Hihat pedal problem need help.

suodeatj

Hey, i gathered my old brother drum and i noticed a part was missing, but the rod dont fit in the hole at the end of the chain, so i can't put a nuts or something. what is the hardware that is missing???

I know its a bit dusty but ill clean it off :p

There is probably a nut that the rod threads into. The metal loop on the chain should be between the nut and the hihat rod.

Take the rod to the hardware store and find a replacement nut and buy two of them. Use both on the rod and tighten the two nuts together to form a lock so they wont come off again.

You might need to drill the loop at the end of the chain to fit the rod in there.

...or just skip all that and use this as an opportunity to buy a new hihat stand. That thing you have looks all ate up anyway.

The pin on that the first link of chain is also bent so it seems that pedal has been put through it's paces.

I think that rod was welded to that other part. I don't see any threads on the rod. It may be new pedal time.

Allright, i think im gonna go buy a new one after all, the rod was all ate up n shit!

hihat cymbals look cheap but it can does the job.

Here's the snare

The big boy

Thanks for the reply.

Ben.

Back