drum mutes

They aren't suitable for bass drums because the mute needs to lay against the head to work. We now offer these mutes for cymbals as well. Email [email protected] for pricing. Thanks for checking them out!

Elaine

Last edited:
Would like to hear/see a YouTube vid.

That "Videos are worth a 100 thousand words" stuff is true.

Attachments

• Picture 6.png
    Picture 6.png
    293 KB · Views: 1,918
I agree. I'm working with someone to hopefully have that on the site soon. Thanks for the feedback.

Interesting. At a glance, I like the idea of these.....especially given the unlikelihood of them bouncing off the drum head as per many of the other mutes available. How does the muting and stick response compare to say a Sound Off pad for example?

Agree with Les, sound files are a must. It'd be great to hear the actual effect on a drum head.

Also, I don't see any international shipping info. Given this is an international forum it's pertinent to ask, is this Yanks only or will you ship O/S?

Great questions. Right now I'm only set up for US shipping, but I just launched my site and plan to expand based on demand. As far as the muting comparison to Sound Offs, Drumtees do not deaden the sound quite as much. But they do significantly mute the drums. As far as stick rebound, that's what got me into this. I did not like the loss of stick rebound with other mutes, and I wanted something that was easy on and off. You retain full drumstick rebound with Drumtee™ drum mutes.
Your feedback is really apprectiated, thank you.

January 2014 UPDATE: WE NOW SHIP INTERNATIONALLY

Last edited:
Seems you have a cool product out there. That's fine!
But there's still no need to create an identical thread to push that product - that's why I moved your post to the existing thread - here.

Interesting product. I use drum mutes everyday. Do you have a youtube demo up yet?

-Do they have the same bounce as practice pads? (wood base + rubber pad)
-What are they made of?

Build a better mousetrap (or in this case, a bass drum mute) and the world will beat a path to your door.

Snares, toms, and cymbals are easy to mute. Bass drums, not so much. Got any ideas?

Build a better mousetrap (or in this case, a bass drum mute) and the world will beat a path to your door.

Snares, toms, and cymbals are easy to mute. Bass drums, not so much. Got any ideas?

I just use the Vic Firth bass drum mute. It's thicker than the others. Put a kick pad on it or else you tear through it in no time. I'd say it reduces by 60%. Also reduces the bounce though.

My problem is the mutes for the other drums. I go through the 10", 12" and snare mutes rather quickly.

They have the same bounce as whatever drum head you put them on. They are made of a very durable stretch fabric chosen for it's strength and muting properties.

Attachments

• Front1_edit.jpg
    Front1_edit.jpg
    175.5 KB · Views: 971
Last edited by a moderator:
Would like to hear/see a YouTube vid.

That "Videos are worth a 100 thousand words" stuff is true.

This is an outdated product photo; see current product in later post of 03-09-2013 or by visiting Drumtee website.

Last edited:
K, thought this was a new thread for a second, remembered some lady with stretch on mutes and the launch, then saw the post dates.

It is still the same person.

Still waiting for the video please!

While my automotive towels have never slid off, I do have an issue where I slowly cut a circle into the rectangular towel on my snare due to rim-shots. Do the Tee's have something that prevents that?

While my automotive towels have never slid off, I do have an issue where I slowly cut a circle into the rectangular towel on my snare due to rim-shots. Do the Tee's have something that prevents that?

Drumtee mutes are made from a very durable fabric that has been chosen for its durability and strength and has been tested extensively. You will not have the problem as you have with the towels.

K, thought this was a new thread for a second, remembered some lady with stretch on mutes and the launch, then saw the post dates.

It is still the same person.

Still waiting for the video please!

I have been unsuccessful in MY attempts to replicate on recording the muting effects of Drumtees. That being said, I have enlisted the help of Nygel Asselin of The Farm Studios in BC, Cananda. The Drumtee mutes were used on the latest album they recently produced for Cai.ro, and both have agreed to let me use portions of that on my site. As soon as I have those, the site will be updated to include them. The album has not been released yet.

So, we have found that drummers are using the mutes not only for the quieter sound, but for the unique sound they offer as well. They have found a home in many church settings as well.

Thank you for your post.

The website now has audio available courtesy of Nigel Asselin of The Farm Studios. You can take a listen at drumtee.com

Back