Dead spots on e-drumpad

Pollyanna

Platinum Member
Last week I bought a cheap e-kit to practice on at home. I wish I spent an extra $500 and bought a lower end Roland. The hi hat and ride cymbal pads have dead spots and if you hit them dead centre they are really loud, irregardless of how hard you hit them.

Has anyone else found dead spots on their e-dum pads?

And yes, I tried out a kit in the shop; it didn't have those probs. I've probably played this thing too much now to take it back.

i have this same problem on my roland td6, the rubber tom pads and mesh snare pad are fine. but the hi hat and crash cymbals are a bit spotty. im thinking this is either attributed to the peizos coming loose,or wires failing.

Okay, so it's not just the Legacy kits. But this is out of the box. I'd already swapped one, which was unsatisfactory. I've given up.

It's so distracting that I prefer playing it with the sound turned off as practice pad kit because at least with that the response is the same as what I play. It responds much better to heavy hitting, but I'm not into that any more. When playing light the cymbal triggers are rubbish.

My Roland TD-9kx has some dead spots on the high hat. But that's probably because of me hitting it to hard... Very annoying but I can only blame myself.

But as you said. Cheap e-drumkits don't have the best triggers...

My Roland TD-9kx has some dead spots on the high hat. But that's probably because of me hitting it to hard... Very annoying but I can only blame myself.

But as you said. Cheap e-drumkits don't have the best triggers...

Wish I could say the same but I'm playing lightly. My kit seems to be made for heavy hitters. The sticks that come with the kit are ridiculous - you could use them as clap sticks.

Back