can i please get some opinions on my drumming/band?

If it's no bother I would love to hear some critics and opinions and my drums and the band I'm in. This might seem like spam and it might well be but in so a serious request.

www.triplejunearthed.com/thekillbotfactory

We have 2 tracks up, would love it if you can listen to them both threw and hit me back up.

Thanks.

Hey I listened!

I think it's funny that you guys reference sounding like Rebecca Black! I like the music, the vocals come across as quirky - like the guy from Midnight Oil, David Byrne, and the guy from Pantera all rolled into one - if you can have your singer sound like Serj Tarkanian from System of a Down sometimes that would cover alot more ground, eh? It sounds great - I'd love to see you guys live, very energetic. I hate to be critical (because I don't have a band of my own and just kind of go mercenary playing what any potential client needs), but I think your singer is your saving grace. He sounds so different that he will probably be the most recognizable of your group's sound. But you guys play great, really. It's just that he's the guy that stands out, and the music is his vehicle. It'd be nice if the music was, well, a bit stronger?

How do I say this without sounding pretentious? I think your vocalist is stronger than you guys - meaning that he could sing with anybody and everyone will identify the music with him. You guys without him could be anybody, so I would create quirkier riffs or just not so middle-of-the-road playing so you guys are truly a band. Not sure if that makes sense because I'm talking about style and whatever I'm saying, it's subjective.

I'm getting where Bo's coming from here, but I think the fix is quite simple. Drumming, arrangements & keys are strong, but I think the guitar parts are more rhythmical than filling. Some big power chords would lift the vibe a lot, & provide the big backing that the big vocal needs.

Firstly, let me say that you must take these comments with a pinch of salt, in particular reference to your drumming.You are a far better drummer than I.
Neither song was to my taste, but that means nothing!
Plagues reminded me of an SPK/Jim Foetus/Caberet Voltaire sort of tune (Jesus...am I showing my age!) sort of a polished 'industrial' sound, if that makes any sense.
Mind.or.Matter on the other hand felt more like a song to me, not dissimilar to a Karnivool sorta sound but...well, kind of emptier. While the J's have you down as sounding like Faith no more, I just don't hear that. Older Simple Minds seems more like it to me with the synth driven music.
Please do not take any offence as none is intended, I'm merely giving you my opinion on what I am hearing.
It's funny that this has come up after Bo's earlier thread on originality and influence in relation to band styles of today (Let's discuss something-I think the thread was called) as I'd be willing to say that a young band like yourselves would not have heard much of the bands I hear in your music.
Good luck with the unEarthed endeavour anyway

Like Bo Eder said, your singer really is quite different. He is quite good. What kind of music do classify that as?

Like Bo Eder said, your singer really is quite different. He is quite good. What kind of music do classify that as?

We have found it a bit hard to classify as each song is different I wish I could show you more tracks but we have to limit what we put out for free so we can keep recording.

the best we have come up with is club rock but it goes deeper when you here the EP
its a hard rock, electro, metal, hard core, pop, dance, progressive ambient rock n roll...?

I really enjoyed it man. sounds great. i dont see how the music could be "stronger"... that really doesnt even make sense to me. i think you guys match the singer perfectly. but thats just my 2 cents :) I especially enjoyed plagues. keep it up!

Back