A great Craiglist steal?

Check for cracks......seems a little low

I agree. It also says, "condition: salvage". You never know what condition they'll be in, and the person who posts an ad without a picture will tend to be reluctant to take one and send it to you. This person probably "found" them and knows nothing about them. Could be a great deal, or they could be beat to hell. Inspect them thoroughly before buying them...

I don't even consider something that the poster hasn't taken the time to photograph. It's generally a great waste of time. As is, taking the time to buy something on Craigslist for the purpose of reselling. Too much to do to fancy making $50.

If you are shopping for ... That... Then it's good. If you want quality or, as you said before, to make some money on them then don't waste another second contacting that guy again. As I stated earlier, if there are no photos, there's a reason.

Not worth $300. Look elsewhere.

A broad generalization.

I would expect broken cymbals, not one of the drummers sets of pies off the Costa Concordia or something.

Broken cymbals - yes.

Salvage - ".... the act of saving something ... that is in danger of being completely destroyed..."

Condition of this thread: salvage

Ok so after texting the guy after awhile I finally got some pics of the cymbals and when I received them It looked a bit strange so I asked him what was wrong with it and he told me he shaved the cymbals. I don't know what that means but when I asked him why he did it he said "Bc they were miss treated and ended up with 1" to 1/2" cracks. It's better than shaving it off then to cut the cymbal in a complete circle." So is this bad or good? I'll try to post the pics up but it's poor quality.

EDIT: sorry for some reason could only upload this pic

walk away .

I'm not sure I'd pay $125 for that lot, much less $200.

When it's too good to be true....it generally is.There are some exceptions,but they tend to be rare.Used cymbals can be a good value,and I haven't bought a new one since 89.The bargans are out there,just be careful,and inspect carefully.

Steve B

Back