Best most comfortable drum stool?

im looking into getting a real good drum stool that both will last forever and feels good to play drums. right now im liking the DW 9000 heavy-duty airlift tractor throne. a good option or something better out there?

In my opinion, I stay away from tractor thrones. I find that if you dont sit on it exactly right it can cause pressure points all over your back and legs. Ive been using a DW round throne for the past 5 years and it works great and I can sit on it for a 2-3 hour plus gig....granted I havent done a gig that long in years. :p

My drum throne is the most comfortable I've ever sat on!

I have a K&M throne that is very ergonomic, comfortable and sturdy as heck!
It's easily adjusted, and it lets me sit quite high (which I do)
I also purchased the add-on backrest for extra comfort :)
This is the model:
http://www.thomann.de/fi/km_14055.htm

If it's available in the States, I'd sincerely recommend it!

/Oskar

I have had the same Tama Ergo-Rider (I think; it looks like a motorcycle seat) with a back rest for years. So far this summer I have had one night off and log, on average, 3.5 gig hours per night. I still have another 21 straight nights of gigging to go. I tried using a cheap PDP round throne but after 1 gig I tucked it in a closet and never used it again. I am a tall and large fellow and it did not support well for gigging. The only downside of the Tama is its' weight. I don't have a problem with the weight, but some may. I have sat on every throne out there, with the exception of the Ford thrones which look very comfortable, and I don't feel the need to change.

I love my Roc N Soc. Bicycle-style seat, felt top, air sponge, sturdy construction. I bought an add-on backrest because I was having temporary sciatic nerve issues, but to be honest, I rarely notice/use the backrest. With or without a backrest the Roc N Soc is a great chair.

IMO....you can't beat a Roc n Soc nitro.......liked mine so much, I bought one for the office and am sitting in it while I type this......most comfortable chair I've ever owned

Roc n Soc cloth covered " Motorcycle Seat" style "Throne" all the way, ive tried loads of others over many years and they cant be beat....Worth every penny.

Whichever one you get, make sure you call it a 'drum throne'.

Stool is a bowel movement - you probably don't want to sit on it - ha ha.

Its also less painful to have some one push in your throne for you than have someone push in your stool for you...lol

The Ford seats are ultra, mega comfortable, and seem like they'd last forever. I really like the one they have in the shop, just not the color combo.
The price seems "steep", but the throne is a very important part of a kit, so "'ya get what 'ya pay for".

I'm thinking to get one next spring. The Pearl Roadster, and Gibraltar Softy I have work fine for now, but the Ford throne is soooo much nicer, it's just the cost that is holding me back just now.

Personally I like round drum thrones, and you can't beat Pork Pie. I've tried the ROC-N-SOC thrones but I don't like the shape. It's all personal preference though.

Plus the Pork Pie's have some cool finishes...

Whichever one you get, make sure you call it a 'drum throne'.

Stool is a bowel movement - you probably don't want to sit on it - ha ha.

Why do we call a brick a spade? It's a stool. If nothing else it's just a seat.

I don't call my toilet my 'defecation throne'. I've never understood why it's called a 'throne'. In fact, in the UK, 'throne' is slang for the toilet.

If you can, check out the Gibraltar thrones. I have one and it is great.

Back