Speaker Chart...

bojangleman

Platinum Member
i got bored and started making a chart...

it is for Dual 15" PA Speaker Towers...

it might mean alot to you, or it might mean nothing...but, just thought i would show...and if it helps someone out...sweet..lol

what i did, is just took all the Dual 15" PA cabs in about the same price range, and just compared them... to make it easier to compare...

View attachment PA Speaker list.doc

again....this might be pointless...but it might help someone...

and sorry about the Harbinger Weight....i couldn't find it anywhere!

Alex

Last edited:
I’m guessing your compiling this list to compare the best bang for your buck?
Consider adding MAX SPL and sensitivity to your chart.
Are your watt ratings in RMS, program or peak not that these numbers are indicative of how loud the speakers can go. That figure lies with MAX SPL. Then look at the cost of an amp to push the speaker to that SPL rating somewhere between RMS and Program.

What figure you chose to target will depend on your experience and source material.
For example if you playing pre recorded music that is already safley compressed you can run up around the program power rating. If you doing live sound you need to be carefull to leave headroom for accidents and stupidity like the singer down on his knees with the mic an inch from the monitors causing a feedback spike. Although this can all be controlled buy an expert sound man a novice will typically not react fact enough to pull the frequency out. So look for an amp closer to the RMS rating for safety.

Are these to run kick and snare through as well? If that’s the case you would likely be unhappy with the quality of sound. Look for a separate sub cabinet with separate amplification and a proper active crossover rather than what you will find dividing frequencies in these double 15’s. Frequencies between 40 and 100Hz require massive amounts of power to reproduce well.

Back