Trick Pro1-V

Fred D

Pioneer Member
I bought a Trick pedal a couple of weeks ago and I'm really impressed with it. I'd been playing DW9000s for the past three years and wanted to try something new. The Trick pedals have gotten very positive reviews here, so I bit the bullet and dropped the hammer.

The thing that really stands out about this pedal is it's ease of adjustment. All of the adjustments are easy to reach. The 9000, while a great pedal in it's own right, is a hassel to adjust.

The Trick utilizes a split cam for stoke and foot board angle. A large knob on the riser controls spring tension and the foot board can be placed on three different positions for aceleration. Super adjustable and the cams are marked. Repeating a setting is easy and fast.

When I first mounted the pedal it was sliding around a little. A few Velcro strips placed on the bottom on the base plate took care of that, and the pedal feels rock solid now.

I'm still getting the pedal dialed in and trying out different adjustments. So far it is a joy to play. At $325.00 it's a bit pricey compared to most other pedals, but the quality and user friendlyness makes it woth while to me.

Here'a a few pictures:

Attachments

• pedals005.jpg
    pedals005.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 563
  • pedals002.jpg
    pedals002.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 465
  • pedals003.jpg
    pedals003.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 458
  • pedals004.jpg
    pedals004.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 442
  • pedals006.jpg
    pedals006.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 460
After opening this thread I had time to jam on the pedal again. I moved the foot board to the middle ajustment, (Second picture) and reset the foot board angle. The pedal felt pretty good like that. It hits really hard. I'm working less and getting a more powerfull stroke. Not a bad thing.

After playing for a while my right leg got a little lazy. I increased the spring tension a little. That brought the beated off the head quicker to compensate for these rusty old bones. No need to take the pedal off the drum or crawl around under the kit. Just reach down and turn a knob. That's such a great feature!

After using the Trick throw offs for a while now, and then getting some experience with the pedal, I'm taking a long hard look at their drums. I probably pick up a snare and see how that goes.

These guys make some really good stuff.

Yep, the best pedal available IMO. I've been using it since it first appeared almost exactly 3 years ago (I happened to buy the very first pedal once they went into production!)

Bermuda

Yep, the best pedal available IMO. I've been using it since it first appeared almost exactly 3 years ago (I happened to buy the very first pedal once they went into production!)

Bermuda

Hi Jon,

Your praise about the pedal was one of the factors that made me decide to give it a try.

Thanks!

My "bigfoots" are being shipped Friday (Today) with my new Trick kit.

I am looking forward to saying goodbye forever to a "drone pedal" on the left, and the decades old spring adjustment on the bottom of the pedal.

My "bigfoots" are being shipped Friday (Today) with my new Trick kit.

I am looking forward to saying goodbye forever to a "drone pedal" on the left, and the decades old spring adjustment on the bottom of the pedal.

I was torn between the big foots and the pedal I purchased. I've always used a heel plate pedal so I went with what I know.

Please let us know how your pedal works out for you. I'm sure it will be great.

While I'm at it. Thank you for your service to our country!!!!!!!!!!

Rock on my friend.

Trick's detonator rules. I wanted one for sooooo long but i intentionally waited until the bigfoots came out to buy one (when they first came out they answered my email and said the longboard version was coming so I waited. And waited. And waited.) Now, it's the only pedal i'll use. Like i've said before, it's like the Ludwig speed king and the axis pedal gave birth to the thing and it got the best features of each and then some. For you guys who don't have one, you have no idea about the flexibility and adjustibility that this pedal offers, it has some features that make other pedals jealous.

The shop I go to has the first available Trick Dominator (lower priced all Black ones) pedals and they are pretty sweet.

Not totally as cool as the full on Pro1-V, but pretty freakin nice.

In pictures, with the small bottom bars that connect the footboard to the main part of the pedal look kinda cheap, but it a pretty hefty piece of equipment I have to say.

It's 100 bucks cheaper than the full Pro1-V.

I like the longboard version of the Pro1-V over the heel plate version myself.

Back