Army Music

G

Grid

Is anyone on here familiar with the Army's music program? I've read a few articles online about it, but I'm curious to hear from drummers, specifically.

Do they get to play any of the "cool stuff," or is it mostly routine material for ceremonies and such? (I'm not opposed to that; I'm just wondering if there's more to the job). Do 42R's get promoted more often, less often or about the same as combat arms MOS's? Is day-to-day life different than other MOS's? (I was a 68W; AIT wasn't TOO much different from basic). Any other information to consider? Are duty stations the same as other MOS's? Hawaii? Germany? Fort Sam in San Antonio? Or do only certain posts have bands? Duties while in garrison? (Motor pool, etc.?) Deployed?

Thanks in advance for any insight.

When I was in the Army back with General Custer advancement had a ot to do with need. I'm sure as people leave the Army there would be some moving up the ladder and with time served and progression as a muso would help. Do they advance as fast as Combat MOS's my guess is no. But it is only a guess.

Back