Remote Pedal

Fishbones

Silver Member
As some of you have seen in my past couple threads, I have recently been contemplating the prospect of a smaller bass drum for jazz and quieter coffee-shop gigs. At the same time, however, I like to have the depth of my 22" bass drum. The conclusion that I've come to involves purchasing a http://memphisdrumshop.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=12321 DW 5000s pedal to use on the underside of my 16" floor tom. Has anyone tried this sort of cocktail-esque setup? I think it will work perectly and it will be interesting to switch between a 16" kick sound and a 22" one. What your guys' thoughts and opinions? Thanks everybody!

As some of you have seen in my past couple threads, I have recently been contemplating the prospect of a smaller bass drum for jazz and quieter coffee-shop gigs. At the same time, however, I like to have the depth of my 22" bass drum. The conclusion that I've come to involves purchasing a http://memphisdrumshop.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=12321 DW 5000s pedal to use on the underside of my 16" floor tom. Has anyone tried this sort of cocktail-esque setup? I think it will work perfectly and it will be interesting to switch between a 16" kick sound and a 22" one. What your guys' thoughts and opinions? Thanks everybody!

It seems to me like you already have your answer! :)

I use a Yamaha reverse bass drum pedal, like what comes with the Club Jordan cocktail drum kit. Much better "feel" than the DW rig, IMO.

I use a Yamaha reverse bass drum pedal, like what comes with the Club Jordan cocktail drum kit. Much better "feel" than the DW rig, IMO.
Do you know if it has the same general build as the DW? Because I like how you can conveniently place the pedal so it's not directly underneath the floor tom.
There's the Stanton Moore route, if you have the space at your gigs/in your car...
I have enough room for another drum (not a 26" kick like his) but I would like to keep the setup down to a minimal size.

Thanks for the informative replies, guys!

Do you know if it has the same general build as the DW?

No, it's a standard (if you can call reverse, cocktail drum pedals "standard") design. I played the DW ... and I played the Yamaha .... Yamaha won my money.

Attachments

• jordpdl.jpg
    jordpdl.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 987
Back