Pearl Powershifter Eliminator double pedal users: Question

Tyger

Hey Folks,

I may be able to get a used Pearl Powershifter Eliminator P-2002C double pedal for a pretty good price used, mint condition only about a year old.

Is there anyway to tell the model number on the pedal itself? I just want to make sure it is what is advertised. The seller isn't sure himself.
Shouldn't there be a model number or a distinctive part unique to the pedal?

Thanks in advance!

Post pics of the pedal or links to the sale and you'll get a response straight away.

In the meantime, does it look like this? : http://www.pearldrum.com/Products/Hardware/Drum-Pedals/P-2002C.aspx

It should have a double chain, quad beaters, red, white, blue and black inter-changeable cams.

+1 if you have a pic of it this is probably the best way to tell for sure. if its an eliminator the cam will be plastic and one of these colors (note there are also yellow and purple but they're rare add-ons, the blue is a light/sky blue). if its not it will be metal. the cam is the round part that the chain/belt sits in behind the beater.

also, there will be a drum key bolt in the top/center of the heel plate, i don't think any other pearls have this.

I'm not sure I'd take the quad beater into account, a lot of people swap those out (myself included, for an IC).

Thanks for the reply, he posted the exact same pic but to confirm I asked for some pics to be sent of the actual pedal. I can always meet him in person and check it out myself.

Thanks for the details I will keep it in mind.

also, there will be a drum key bolt in the top/center of the heel plate, i don't think any other pearls have this.

I'm not sure I'd take the quad beater into account, a lot of people swap those out (myself included, for an IC).

The key bolt on the heel plate (this is the well advertised "Powershifter" function), is also available on the P900 (or 902) as well as the P122TW....both these models are lower level Pearl pedals.The P902 has a different footplate altogether so it, easy to tell it apart. Unfortunately, the P122 was designed to look remarkably similar to the Elims. If you know what you're looking for, it's obviously inferior....but you wouldn't be the first person to confuse it for an Eliminator at first glance. The single chain is a dead giveaway, as is the fixed cam.....whilst the footboard looks similar it doesn't have the removable rubber section.

Agree on the beaters though, they are easily swapped, but the other two models come stock with the duo beaters.....so thought it was worth mentioning as an identifying feature.

The key bolt on the heel plate (this is the well advertised "Powershifter" function), is also available on the P900 (or 902) as well as the P122TW....both these models are lower level Pearl pedals.The P902 has a different footplate altogether so it, easy to tell it apart. Unfortunately, the P122 was designed to look remarkably similar to the Elims. If you know what you're looking for, it's obviously inferior....but you wouldn't be the first person to confuse it for an Eliminator at first glance. The single chain is a dead giveaway, as is the fixed cam.....whilst the footboard looks similar it doesn't have the removable rubber section.

Agree on the beaters though, they are easily swapped, but the other two models come stock with the duo beaters.....so thought it was worth mentioning as an identifying feature.

awesome, really helps thanks a lot guys. I'm going to our local music store tomorrow to check one out for myself.

Another things he mentions is the original price was $ 375 at Long and Macquade, so it should be the one.

haha I was so eager to find out myself so I went to the music store after I dropped off the wife and son.

I see what you mean about the double chain, definitely obvious but can be overlooked, especially being a newb like myself :)

I'm a little skeptical now because apparently he plays in a band and is selling the pedal to make money for other things the band needs. either he's a young kat or really clueless because he didn't know the model type for sure.

Well like I said if he confirms that it is a double chain, I'll go see it in person.
He's asking for $200CAD which is pretty good for 1 yr old pedal and apparently in mint condition.

We'll see I guess.

haha I was so eager to find out myself so I went to the music store after I dropped off the wife and son.

Good man......familiarising yourself with what's out there before hand is always a good move. At least you definitely now know what you're looking for and what to avoid.

A clueless seller can be a blessing as often they have no idea what it is they're offering, so they flog it cheap and good deals can be had........but they can also be a hinderance. Their lack of knowledge often leads to items being misrepresented or just listed totally incorrectly. They can also have a distinct inability to move their pricing on junk that is well overpriced. Knowledge goes a long way, I've found. if you appear to know more than they do, it can quite often give you a little edge when it comes to bargaining.

Good luck tomorrow mate. Let us know how you score hey. :)

oh well i guess it was too good to be true.

I explained the differences to the seller, even highlighted the differences between the P-2000c and P122 (thanks again for the tips). He was supposed to get back to me but I haven't heard a word yet and he refuses to answer my emails.

Oh well my hunt continues.

oh well i guess it was too good to be true.

I explained the differences to the seller, even highlighted the differences between the P-2000c and P122 (thanks again for the tips). He was supposed to get back to me but I haven't heard a word yet and he refuses to answer my emails.

Oh well my hunt continues.

Ahh....beware the muppet seller, mate!!

Elims are easily available on Aussie ebay mate......if I can find 'em in this drumming backwater, then you'll find another set in "the land of the free" within 15 mins, I'd wager.

As with everything on the secondary market....Axl Rose said it best: "It's just a little patience".......keep your eyes open mate, they'll come along again.

Ahh....beware the muppet seller, mate!!

Elims are easily available on Aussie ebay mate......if I can find 'em in this drumming backwater, then you'll find another set in "the land of the free" within 15 mins, I'd wager.

As with everything on the secondary market....Axl Rose said it best: "It's just a little patience".......keep your eyes open mate, they'll come along again.

Yeah I hear ya' I'm in no rush really, just seemed like a really good deal to jump on. Still he may still get back to me but I doubt it, if he really needed the sale he'd at least follow up with me.

I browse craigslist an kijiji quite often, gotten some great deals for my photography hobby so I'm sure it'll be the same for drum gear.

Cheers!

Back