My Pearl Demon Drive Double Bass Pedal Review **Pics Included**

surely, judging by that picture, it can convert into a single pedal?

there is a latch under the pedal board to conect to a bass drum, and from other pictures i've seen (you can't see it on that) there's a bit sticking out on the right of the upright frame which would seem to accomodate the spring tension system.

i don't know though, and no one else seems to be sure...

There doesn't appear to me to be enough room where the pedal is connected to the horizontal shaft to mount a beater assembly. Certainly no attempt on my part to mislead.

Last edited:
Hope this works! Enjoy!

hey really good review i have the dw 9000 and heard about this pedal today loks nice and all the reviews say its great but if i want to try it i have to travel about 3 hours just wondering is it any better than the 9000?? i dont often do a lot of really fast playing or metal but sometimes struggle to keep in tim would this pedal help. thanks

There doesn't appear to me to be enough room where the pedal is connected to the horizontal shaft to mount a beater assembly. Certainly no attempt on my part to mislead.

speaking as an owner, you can in fact split the double pedal into two singles, but it's not exactly a 10 second job.

-Jonathan

To all of you that are misconstrued about the whole argument about single -> double and double -> single. It's easy, actually.
Double to single comprises of first detaching the driveshaft, taking the spring assembly off, putting it to the slave, taking the beater off, putting it on the slave, and taking the extra post off of the main.
Single to double comprises of doing the opposite, in the EXACT opposite order, ideally.
And if you want to get creative, it will also convert to a lefty double. Just takes tinkering. I've done it in the GC by my work, and I sat with it for nearly 40 minutes, converting it every which way. The only thing I wish it had on top was a resistance setting similar to those of the Trick Pro-1V, but hey, no one's perfect. For the price, I'd very much recommend it. I got mine shortly after I tinkered with it, and if I could find my camera and stop using the internet at work, I'd post pics step by step how to convert.

Btw, youtube is great. There's probably a vid detailing it. I can't find one, but the Pearl website has videos detailing how to convert on the product information page for the double pedal.
HOPE I HELPED.

Back