More drums...I'm so ashamed... :)

Duude, those are freakin sweet........... Don't sell the extra kick............you may want it later.

As far as the impulse buy, and being weak...... I'll educate you in the art of self restraint, as we all know I NEVER make impulse buys...;)

Oh, BTW!!! I Just picked up the 21" K Custom Special dry ride I was eyeing :)

dude where do you get the money for all of these beautiful drums and cymbals?

OH MY GOD.

That was my dream kit for the longest time. I swear to god. Same sizes, color and all...
I couldn't find it so I baught the B/B in (basically) the same color.

*cries, runs off in anger and shame*

wow - well with a kit like that who could resist? don't feel ashamed man! you've given another lonely a new home!

Not a bad idea! I might do that before I try and sell it, just for fun.

Give a try, to set it as Chris Slade...big side toms.

God bless you and your new drums!

Attachments

• Chris Slade.JPG
    Chris Slade.JPG
    24.3 KB · Views: 995
HA! Thanks guys.

mind_drummer - I do miss having a Lud kit. These MCX kits actually sound quite similar but the hardware is much better quality, IMO. I got outbid on a gorgeous Bonham-sizes kit a couple weeks ago or I'd have that instead!

GD - The price was real good once I worked it out w/ him...selling the extra BD would make them a steal. I wish the heads weren't ported at all. :(

Sinsyk - I uh...uhm....I...I dunno what you're talking about? Surely you have me confused w/ another guy?

Groceryman - Sure - what's your address?

TPT - It's no Unix, for sure...but they're great drums and will serve well as a workhorse kit.

Drumsword - You'll love the ride, I had one of those...nice n' wobbly.

bradmapex - That bruise? No...no I fell. I hit my eye on a doorknob. I'm so c..c..clumsy.

I'd be more ashamed of myself if I didn't buy those, DAYUM!

Tune up those toms and let it roll.

I need to figure out exactly what I'll need (bare minimum) to mount all three small toms. I've attached a pic of how I mount my 12" now.

I'm thinking I can just use a tube in place of my Tama tom-mount and attach an AX-38 to it, so I can get this action going on for the 8" and the 10"

373289.jpg

On the 12", I can simply use the clamp on the back of the DW 9000 tom stand. I just need to find a good, strong, plain tube to attach the AX-38 to. Any suggestions?

Attachments

• DSC07380_2.JPG
    DSC07380_2.JPG
    99.7 KB · Views: 960
Nice kit, but it almost seems to me a Unix owner would be slumming with pearl.

First off, Vin, a minor zoological correction.

Wildebeest and wolves don't share the same habitat. Wolves would chew on Caribou or Elk, and Wildebeest would be chewed upon by hyenas, lions, or Cape Hunting dogs. ( knowing you, I thought you'd like to know ; )

Secondly, you, my friend, need a drum de-tox clinic like the desert needs the rain. You are a rogue satellite spinning out of control, my friend.

Third, poor Francois is going to break out in hives seeing that shiny Pearl cozying up to his very stark & sober solid stave creation.. (Elvis sharing a coffee with Itzak Pearlman?)

Four, I wanna hear you lay down a double bass groove before you get rid of the extra bass drum.

And lastly, what's next ?

......I cant wait ........ : )

PS- Maybe you & Drumsword could cuff yourselves to each other every Sunday morning and save each other a ton of cash..?

Last edited:
HA! Thanks guys.

Sinsyk - I uh...uhm....I...I dunno what you're talking about? Surely you have me confused w/ another guy?

I would suggest checking your visitor messages on your page......

Third, poor Francois is going to break out in hives seeing that shiny Pearl cozying up to his very stark & sober solid stave creation.. (Elvis sharing a coffee with Itzak Pearlman?)

Why should I, I don't care.

Great kit Vin, if I was rich I would too own many others company kits.

Last edited:
I couldn't help myself. Honestly...I tried to resist...I struggled, thrashing and snarling like a demoniacally-possessed wildebeest cornered by a pack of angry wolves. In the end, my impulses got the best of me. I succumbed and submitted payment...I'm a weak, weak man.

I just bought this sucker on eBay, should be here in a few days.

That truly is a beautiful pack.

First off, Vin, a minor zoological correction.

Wildebeest and wolves don't share the same habitat. Wolves would chew on Caribou or Elk, and Wildebeest would be chewed upon by hyenas, lions, or Cape Hunting dogs. ( knowing you, I thought you'd like to know ; )

Secondly, you, my friend, need a drum de-tox clinic like the desert needs the rain. You are a rogue satellite spinning out of control, my friend.

Four, I wanna hear you lay down a double bass groove before you get rid of the extra bass drum.

And lastly, what's next ?

......I cant wait ........ : )

PS- Maybe you & Drumsword could cuff yourselves to each other every Sunday morning and save each other a ton of cash..?

Good to know! I bet wildebeests are delicious, anyhow. Mmmmm...wiiildebeeeest *drool*.

I do need help...I swear I'll hit the clinic if it happens again. A few of us need to start a support group, I think.

I had that thought last night. For kicks (hyuck) I'm going to set up the whole thing and record some double-bass stuff. It should be great for comic relief, seeing as I might have played a double pedal once or twice and have no skill there.

I don't know how anyone hauls around two monster kick drums like that...I'm just not metal enough.

What's next? The thought occurred to me last night as well - that it'd be fun to have a matching 18x14" kick in place of the second 22" so I'd have a bop setup. It's easy to find matching drums on eBay since these MCX kits are so common and have so few finish choices.

Even though it might seem like "slumming" - this will be a great "beater" that I wouldn't mind hauling around or even leaving at a friend's place. This will keep the bubingas safe and snug at home. And...well...I'm not above slumming I guess. ;)

Even though it might seem like "slumming" - this will be a great "beater" that I wouldn't mind hauling around or even leaving at a friend's place. This will keep the bubingas safe and snug at home. And...well...I'm not above slumming I guess. ;)

I was thinking of buying something less extravagant as a beater, like a Gretsch renown.

I was thinking of buying something less extravagant as a beater, like a Gretsch renown.

A *beauty* of a Renown - a 7pc. w/ a snare went for around a grand yesterday, just about the same time the auction ended for the MCX I bought. I almost went for that instead but I had no interest in the snare and I like the MCX kits better.

Back