Spooky new portrait of The Duchess of Cambridge

Bad Tempered Clavier

Silver Member
Am I the only one who thinks that the new portrait of The Duchess of Cambridge bears more than a passing resemblance to the depiction of The Antichrist on Yigael's Wall in the film Damien: Omen 2?

Attachments

• o-KATE-MIDDLETON-PORTRAIT-570.jpg
    o-KATE-MIDDLETON-PORTRAIT-570.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 3,122
  • TeenageDamienFaceOnYigael'sWall.jpg
    TeenageDamienFaceOnYigael'sWall.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 2,822
She does look like she's plotting someone's demise. And she looks older and less-hot than usual.

It's just a horrible painting, period. I have software that could take a photo of her and do a better oil rendering

Well I'll say this.The artist ,to me dosen't seem to capture the essence of his subject.The Dutchess seems to be much more full of life , than the portrait that's depicted here.

She normally has a glow about her,and sometimes a little mischievious smirk,and knowing look in her eye.Yet she does it with tons of class.I'm a fan.:)

Steve B

It reminds me of one of those Crimewatch 'forward looking photofit' pictures. The ones where they say "John Doe went missing in 2003, and this is how he is expected to look 10 years later".

IMHO: Not good, not good at all. I could do better and the first line of my Graphics course report stated I have no artistic talent whatsoever!!!!

She looks old

I really don't like the woman though.

Notoriously, and famously, bone-idle

Paintings were great before cameras, the royal family can't afford nikon?

She looks old

I really don't like the woman though.

Notoriously, and famously, bone-idle

There's a lot of rubbish about her being a 'commoner'. Sure, she might not have been born noble (In fact, technically my family traces to nobility so I might be more 'noble'!) but she sure as Hell isn't 'common'. Independently wealthy and as posh as it's possible to be without marrying your cousin.

Sorry guys, I'm a Republican (in the traditional sense) so I have a bit of a chip on my shoulder.

Back